Arrgh, what have I done?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giving up chocolate for lent

12 messages
31/01/2005 at 10:17
Help. I've been tricked. Conned even, into giving up the very thing that makes life worth living.

I'm known at work (and everywhere else for that matter)for being a bit of a fan of that glorious thing we call chocolate.

Okay, I'm not excessive about it but my bar of dairy milk a day about 9pm means I can put up with anything else the day throws at me.

Someone at work (who will remain nameless) has goaded me into saying I'll give it up for lent...am I crazy?? You bet your Easter egg. I'm not even religious for chocolate's sake.

But I've decided to try and make somthing positive out of this whole sorry situation. I'm going to get the b*gg*rs (at work) to sponsor me and give it all to charity...bit of incentive always helps.

Just 9 days left to stuff my face...

<slopes off to wipe chocolate from around mouth>
31/01/2005 at 10:20
I may even up the ante and promise to do some form of exercise a day. Maybe run 3 times a week and exercise vids on a couple of other days

No no no that's just mad, must be the sudden rush of sugar to the brain!

31/01/2005 at 10:24
That's nothing. I'm foresaking alcohol!

40 days and 40 nights of Appletise to look forward to.

(I'll be eating plenty of chocolate though)
31/01/2005 at 10:29
Ooooh 360...don't know which of us I feel sorrier for!
31/01/2005 at 10:31
I'm off the booze from till 28th Feb, which is only 28 days, but I will like Bob be eating chocolate instead.

I thought about waiting for Lent , but that would have meant 12 days more of abstinence.

Good luck
31/01/2005 at 10:34
Couldn't you guys at least pretend?
31/01/2005 at 10:36
Just had a thought - chocolate liqueurs (not really alcohol are they?)
31/01/2005 at 10:36
Dippy, you're giving up chocolate. I hope that answers your question. Should you require my assistance further I'd be happy to help.
31/01/2005 at 10:38
I've given up chocolate..... Haven't eaten it for years... Suppose the fact I don't like it really helps ?
31/01/2005 at 11:31
good luck dippy, i give up choclate for lent most years, but have discovered yoghurt coated fruit and nuts make a very good substitute...kind of defeats the point of depriving yourself of something but nothing can TRULY substitute chocolate.
31/01/2005 at 17:32
WORST THING IS, IT DOESNT TASTE AS GREAT, ON EASTER SUNDAY, AS YOU FANTASISED IT WOULD, DURING THOSE 40 DAYS (& NIGHTS)OF MENTAL TORTURE. UPSIDE, IF YOU STICK IT OUT YOU KNOW YOU COULD RUN A MARATHON, AS THE LATTER REQUIRES MARGINALLY LESS MENTAL TOUGHNESS, IN MY VIEW.
31/01/2005 at 18:19
Don't they do chocolate patches now? Surely someone has invented them, afterall going without chocolate will make me at least as bad tempered as a deprived 40 a day smoker...I'll probably get the DT's.

This could be really bad for my health, can one of you doctors out there please write me a sick note? Please <I'm on my knees here>

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.