Arthur Seat - Edinburgh

8 messages
10/01/2013 at 10:59

any scottish runners run around arthur seat in Edinburgh?

If so, what is your average time?

10/01/2013 at 11:22

only time i ran around that was on the edinburgh rock and roll half, really nice area, i envy you beind able to run around that often, 

the day after i ran to the top, didnt time it though.

cougie    pirate
10/01/2013 at 11:47

Download the strava running app. I bet someones set it as a segment so there will be a leaderboard. 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
10/01/2013 at 13:20
cougie wrote (see)

Download the strava running app. I bet someones set it as a segment so there will be a leaderboard. 

There is: best time is 18:14, but inside 27 would put you mid-table.  It's a 3.2 mile loop apparently.  The lap runs it clockwise.

I haven't run it, but I've cycled round it a few times (only the other way though).  It'd be a lovely route on a good day.

10/01/2013 at 14:00

Do non Scottish runners get to play? Its a great place to run,walk or cycle around. I preferred to the top and back

10/01/2013 at 14:47

used to run round it a lot but there are a bazillion different routes. I probably didn't do the same one twice

or do you just mean on the road?

11/01/2013 at 06:01

Used to use it as part of  aroad circuit when I stayed at my aunt in 1980s. Need to check back old diaries . Great place to run.

12/01/2013 at 09:32

Great view from top of Arthurs Seat on a good day.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.