Average pace

21 to 21 of 21 messages
20/09/2012 at 18:40

Hi.  I went out today and did 10K on a flat course in just over 46mins, which I was pleased with.  The route is here.  A reminder that I did a hilly course in just over 49mins in just under 1 week ago.

A few notes:

- Over the course of the 10K, this is over 30sec/mile quicker than the hilly route.

- The max elevation on the hilly route is 116ft, whilst on the flat route it's 25ft.

- The flat 10k is basically 6 and a bit times around a course, and it was fairly consistent.  2 times around the course is included in the hilly route.

- I was equally tired at the end of both, but I feel I recovered quicker after the flat course.

So, any ideas how to improve on the hilly course?  Or is it simply a case of "do more hills"?  If so, what type of hill training would be recommended?

Thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 21 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.