Best Hi-Viz Running Jacket

9 messages
31/10/2011 at 19:06
Hi all,

Can you recommend the best Hi Viz running jacket? I have tried the Karrimor one (which arrived today) and that fits like a bin bag (my Asics and Kalenji ones are so much better).

Looking at the Ronhill or the Montane Marathon ones - must be lightweight, able to buy cheapish (sub £50) and good quality.

Brian.
31/10/2011 at 20:17
Anyone have such a thing?
31/10/2011 at 20:24

Not me mate, sorry.

Surely somebody must have them though ?!

31/10/2011 at 20:30
No doubt. About to bite the bullet on a Montane Marathon - seems really good and I know the quality will be great.
31/10/2011 at 20:53
Bought the Montane Marathon Hi Vis one...

http://www.montane.co.uk/products/men/windproof/featherlite-marathon-jacket/103
01/11/2011 at 14:33
i have a Montane Smock which is excellent except it fades if you wash it too often. So I now only wash it in the shower with literally a drop of shampoo
cougie    pirate
01/11/2011 at 14:48
Or - just get one of those meshy hi viz tabard things. And put that over your normal kit.

Costs a lot less, and as OOk says - these things fade with washing - so you dont need to wash the tabard as much.
01/11/2011 at 16:51
i wear an asics gillet one with no arms, keeps my chest warm from the cold wind, i cant run with a full jacket on, i burn up even in very cold conditions
01/11/2011 at 19:09
I can run with a really lightweight jacket if it's cool enough (not a full jacket) - the Montane is also lightweight so will be fine.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.