Best way to dry out wet shoes?

No reason...

10 messages
07/07/2008 at 18:51

Newbie question...is there any special way to dry out trainers after getting soaked in the rain? And is there anything I should avoid doing?

thanks

07/07/2008 at 18:56
Stuff with newspaper, the shoes.
07/07/2008 at 18:59

Tumble drier, oven or microwave - especially microwave!

To avoid doing that is

07/07/2008 at 19:04
Airing cupboard works for me
07/07/2008 at 19:05
Probably stuff with the newspaper and leave in the airing cupboard.
07/07/2008 at 19:54

Definitely don't leave them in the bottom of a bag for a week as I did by mistake recently - I thought someone had died in there!

Natural is best - leave them to dry in the sun.

If it's dark or raining - then it's back in the airing cupboard

08/07/2008 at 09:55
at this time of year you don't need to worry about airing cupboards - mine were soaking from a run on Sunday but dried overnight quite normally inside the hallway - didn't even need to stuff with paper.....

mind you - that was a chance finding as I took them off and forgot they were still on the mat.......but it shows the point!!
08/07/2008 at 13:15

I dont bother drying them. If they are wet when I put them on again, I find the sock dries them. And once you get running, you dont really notice it. Mind you, earlier on this year, I went to put on my saturated trail shoes to find that grass pores had started growing on the top of them. (I jest not).

I do appreciate that most people dont have webbed feet like me though. I do sometimes make the effort of leaving them out in the sunshine, that does the trick.

08/07/2008 at 13:55
08/07/2008 at 14:09
ffs!! $72 just for a shoe dryer??

more money than freaking sense......

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.