Binging on too much food :-(

4 messages
12/01/2004 at 11:04
I am currently training for the London marathon but I have had a lot of hunger after running and have been eating too many yogurts, salads, cereals and all sorts. Can anyone recommend recommend a low fat, high carbodrate snacky food which will fill me up and stop the binging.
Thanks for any help
regards
Paul
FAJ
12/01/2004 at 11:16
Paul - I'm terrible for binging when I'm feeling down. What seems to hit the spot is a couple of golden delicious apples chopped up and smothered in low fat natural yoghurt and topped off with a goodly sized sprinkling of sesame seeds. Takes a lot of chomping, aint high in fat, good source of calcium, gives carbohydrate energy.

Good luck with your training. I'm going to take a trip down to watch so I'll give you a cheer!
12/01/2004 at 11:20
Hi Paul
I've got in the habit of having soup after a long run. By varying the tyoe of soup you can change the carb/protein/fat elements. As the soups I buy are mostly water they are filling so helping curb the binge instinct
12/01/2004 at 12:19
bagels brill, low fat, high carb and very filling!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.