Breakfast

3 messages
24/10/2008 at 19:42
Hi,
as some of you know tomorow i am running my first ever marathon (beachy head)

over the last couple of days iv been loading up on my carbs and water and i feel ready as anything.

what would you guys suggest as a decent breakfast before a marathon. i was thinking toast and honey 3 hours before it starts? with plenty of carb gels and water to keep me going throughout.

Cheers guys for your help
24/10/2008 at 20:30

You would be better off with something more slow release and some protein would help too. Muesli and an egg on toast at least 3 hours before the race should be OK.

Start taking fuel on board at about 6 miles.

JJ

24/10/2008 at 21:45
hi R202 I'm doing my first mara at beachy tomorrow too - good luck I will be having museli and banana for brekkie and then a bottle of energy drink stuff before hand and definitely lots of gels and a camelbak of of electrolyte. I'll take that as that's what I did on my long runs and it suited me - but apparently the water stations have lots of food and drink if we need it. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.