Buddha, Calm Life

Buddha, Calm Life

1 to 20 of 904 messages
15/05/2006 at 08:59
BUDDHA
Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveler passing through. your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.
None can live without toil and a craft that provides your needs is a blessing indeed. But if you toil without rest, fatigue and wearness will overtake you, and you will denied the joy that comes from labour's end.
Speak quietly and kindly and be not forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much, this will make you deaf to what others say, and you should know that there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.
Be near when help is needed, but far when praise and thanks are being offered.
Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.
Treasure silence when you find it, and while being mindful of your duties, set time aside, to be alone with yourself.
Cast off pretense and self-deception and see yourself as you really are.
Despite all appearances, no one is really evil. They are led astray by ignorance. If you ponder this truth always you will offer more light, rather then blame and condemnation.
You, no less than all beings have Buddha Nature within. Your essential Mind is pure. Therefore, when defilements cause you to stumble and fall, let not remose nor dark foreboding cast you down. Be of good cheer and with this understanding, summon strength and walk on.
Faith is like a lamp and wisdom makes the flame burn bright. Carry this lamp always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in the Light.
Dhammavadaka
15/05/2006 at 09:10
Say Gouranga, and smile!

;-)
15/05/2006 at 09:11
Religious bullshit.

Not the place for it.
15/05/2006 at 09:12
Philosophy not Religion
Just trying to help people with stressful lives Muttley. That was harsh , but you have a right to your opinion.
15/05/2006 at 09:13
Hi Bucks, Thankyou XX
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/05/2006 at 09:21
I agree with Muttley - in part!

A good philosophy for life (for some) maybe, but this is not the place. There are other fora out there!
15/05/2006 at 09:27
Hi to you all,
I am A Runner, and Fitness Instructor.
Was sharing another outlook for Fit mental state as well as Fit bodies.
15/05/2006 at 09:31
What does Buddha have to say on the raising of the lactate threshold?
15/05/2006 at 09:35
And does he advocate heel-striking or landing on the midfoot?

Any views on shoes as well?
15/05/2006 at 09:41
Dont think he wore any lol, and I dont think he ran, He was a chilled guy ....
Anyone want a piece of toast??
15/05/2006 at 09:43
I'm guessing barefoot, if he did run. But some of those statues I've seen don't look very runner-like.
15/05/2006 at 09:43
BR - much the same as Renata Cavo (sp?)

Of course the furums (fora?) already have their very own Buddah
15/05/2006 at 09:44
Coming soon - the "sitting under a tree and thinking about things" marathon training plan. :-)
15/05/2006 at 09:46
LOL SVT
15/05/2006 at 09:48
Well it would have its uses im sure , contemplation on whats working and what isnt,
By the way, it was meant to be a light comment , I woke up this morning feeling Loving to the world, I only wanted to share it with you all x
15/05/2006 at 09:55
Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveler passing through. your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

Okay, no problems with that bit.

None can live without toil and a craft that provides your needs is a blessing indeed. But if you toil without rest, fatigue and wearness will overtake you, and you will denied the joy that comes from labour's end.

Yep, this bit is fine but please explain it to my bastard boss!

Speak quietly and kindly and be not forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much, this will make you deaf to what others say, and you should know that there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.

This bit is okay, good common sense but it souds a bit like “the meek will inherit the earth, if is okay with you?”

Be near when help is needed, but far when praise and thanks are being offered.

A bit “British” this. Okay I will pretend that I did not win anything.

Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

It is starting to bet a bit silly now. Mind you there are a few people (women) that I would not mind nuturing!

Treasure silence when you find it, and while being mindful of your duties, set time aside, to be alone with yourself.

This is why I run on my own. Shame people shout abuse out of car windows!

Cast off pretense and self-deception and see yourself as you really are.

I see myself as a pretty crap runner!

Despite all appearances, no one is really evil. They are led astray by ignorance. If you ponder this truth always you will offer more light, rather then blame and condemnation.

Total absolute bollocks.this bit. Wooly liberal bullshit. Hang them!

You, no less than all beings have Buddha Nature within. Your essential Mind is pure. Therefore, when defilements cause you to stumble and fall, let not remose nor dark foreboding cast you down. Be of good cheer and with this understanding, summon strength and walk on.

WTF!

Faith is like a lamp and wisdom makes the flame burn bright. Carry this lamp always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in the Light.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am clearly not buddhist material

SVT, is that like the "Jade Goody Marathon Training Plan" - sit on the sofa eating curry and drinkng Mangers?
15/05/2006 at 09:56
I liked it, AJ!
15/05/2006 at 10:01
Thank you Mike x
And No toes, you made me laugh x especially the shouting out of car windows bit.
15/05/2006 at 10:07
Yes Buddha does look as if he needs to do some core stability work...
15/05/2006 at 10:09
X right back at ya AJ. I'm feeling pretty chilled right now - must be time to turn down the Air Con.
1 to 20 of 904 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.