bugs, tasty or not??

10 messages
11/05/2004 at 08:30
I went for a gentle run in Richmond park yesterday (any local runners I envy you) it was lovely, the deer, rabbits, butterflies.....and the flies, who wanted to be eaten. Now I dont mind a bit of extra protien but is it bad for you and is there any way of preventing it?? Am still new so is a new experience for me. Thanks
11/05/2004 at 08:35
I have found myself nearly choking on a few flies myself!! carry water on sunny evenings to help them down.

Keep your mouth closed, are do what I do and that is keep my teeth closed shut so I can still breath through my mouth when running.
11/05/2004 at 08:44
learn how to close your throat quickly when one whacks at the back so you don't spend the next 5 minutes hacking the bugger out......
11/05/2004 at 08:46
thank you, I tried the closing of the mouth but ended up sounding like a bull heavy breathing through the nose. Luckily noone else around
11/05/2004 at 08:48
good time to do Bruce Lee impressions
11/05/2004 at 08:54
Greenfly are infesting Birmingham at the mo. Every run I go on, morning, afternoon or evening I end being completely covered in greenfly. Yuk!!!
11/05/2004 at 12:31
I take it back, I hate richmond park, I have now been there twice and got ticks both times, and this time I learnt my lesson and didnt go through the long grass!!! And I still got one :( hate ticks, give me the heeby geebies
11/05/2004 at 12:39
blimey.

I run through dense grass and woodlands and I've never had a tick!
11/05/2004 at 12:40
not that I'm envious, of course...
11/05/2004 at 12:41
Don't wear anything bright that could resemble a flower flapping in the wind. You run the risk of being every fly's ideal home - heat, moisture and food.

Last year I set off in a white vest on a brilliant sunny afternoon and ended up with hundreds of the bu$$ers stuck to me.

Major YUK!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.