Cadence?

Sorting through the bollocks

21 to 23 of 23 messages
29/04/2013 at 11:49

I wear a Garmin footpod mainly for recording distance to my Connect profile from a treadmill run but you can see from this run with strides, cadence changes with an increase in pace. Not sure what it proves though, I'm guessing the spm at the side needs to be doubled as I have two feet but only one pod

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/306733/gallery/cadence.jpg?width=350

29/04/2013 at 13:25

Thanks, Phil.

Seems there's lots of ideas, theories and advice out there about cadence then, most of it confusing, much of it contradictory, and therefore, all of it, at least for me and for now, to be ignored! 

05/05/2013 at 18:55

Has anyone else here actually paid serious attention to this? 

I've just been out on my short route - 3 miles. I haven't run such a short distance in ages. My recovery is usually 6 miles.

I had an iphone plugged into 180 beats per minute. 

On the spot, fine.

Moving...oh dear. Tried this for ten minutes, then changed down to 175, then up to 190. 

Really found the whole thing uncomfortable and not at all rewarding.

Can anyone who had made this work advise me, and should I keep at it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.