Calf injury woes

Race in doubt

1 message
13/05/2014 at 10:25

Morning all, wasnt sure where to post this but looking for some confirmation/good advice. I pulled up on Sunday with what I think is a calm strain or possible tear and ended up having to walk home in the middle of a training run. This was my last long run before the Manchester 10k on Sunday. So far I've iced and elevated etc and booked in for a physio to look at it on Wednesday. It has made me limp and I know I have to rest it but deep down I know I'm going to miss the 10k. 

While I realise this is a common injury and I am not the first person to suffer, its the first time in 4 years of running I've had anything like this. How do you come to terms with dealing with it and missing training/races? I'm sure I'm doing the right things to fix it but at the back of my head I cant help wanting to go and run. I've had the usual good advice from non runners but if anybody had told me 4 years ago I would be so addicted to it I wouldn't have believed them! I realise the above may sound daft but I guess I as curious how to deal with it. I do have 2 more 10k's lined up in June so I guess I have something to work for, but it doesn't stop me feeling crap right now. Any advice or thoughts gratefully received !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.