Calling RW Towers

Do you read me, over?

21 to 32 of 32 messages
02/01/2013 at 10:20
Agree about the spreadsheet problems but the payment is monthly. That's neverrember been an issue although with PayPal is so much easier.
I think RW needs to get its act together or RDs will pull altogether
02/01/2013 at 11:01

"the "Subscriber content only" message is very misleading, because it implies (to me anyway) that if you were a subscriber you would be able to enter the race via RW"

Erm, that's exactly what I thought it means ...

02/01/2013 at 11:11

Just checked (too much spare time?) and both the Bracknell Half and the Goring 10k cannot be entered via RW - you have to go to the race website. Does that help?

02/01/2013 at 11:41
Muttley wrote (see)

"the "Subscriber content only" message is very misleading, because it implies (to me anyway) that if you were a subscriber you would be able to enter the race via RW"

Erm, that's exactly what I thought it means ...

I assumed the same

02/01/2013 at 12:42

Hello

Events set up with online entry are visible to everyone for the full year; the only ones locked down for subscribers are the free listings - which appear to everyone 60 days ahead of the race.

Is this what you were referring to?

We are looking at the events system this year and we'll definitely be looking at ways we can improve it. 

Thanks

Katie RW

02/01/2013 at 12:59

It is really crap, and totally pointless, to have event detail which is viewable only by subscribers.

goldbeetle wrote (see)

Yeah I always come here first to look for races even before Google. But with Southern and Northern running guides and availibilty of Paypal on club websites RW had better pull its finger out or lose ground

I'd not heard about these Southern and Northern running guides - thanks for that 

RW - get your act together, you have competition!

02/01/2013 at 14:44

Katie RW i use the online entry system for our events. Its a good system but you are definitely falling behind the times unless you catch very quickly you will lose business from people like ourselves.

02/01/2013 at 15:07

There are a couple of events fairly local to me which are in the Southern Running guide, but not on RW events (for subscribers only or otherwise).

I guess clubs/organisers are voting with their feet too.

02/01/2013 at 19:05

Hi Katie

Thanks for responding. If I understand you correctly, events with online entry enabled are visible to all anyway so my main point, that you're losing business, is wrong. OK, fair enough. But I still think that race details only for subscribers is a mistake.

As others say, the competition is muscling in on your territory. But RW remains my first-choice place for finding and entering races. For now at least.

Edit: just had a poke round the Southern Running Guide, which has all the races and all the links to their websites and whatever online entry system is being used. No reviews or information though so I still prefer RW.

Edited: 02/01/2013 at 19:13
03/01/2013 at 09:26

The trouble is that RW only list races that use their online entry system on this site so a lot of good events get missed.  The magazine still gives a more comprehensive list, but for I prefer Southern Running (paper version free at Sweatshop).  I can understand RW being reluctant to publicise events that they make no profit from, but as a service to runners could this not be reconsidered?

03/01/2013 at 12:59

It's the race organisers that update the events page, whether we have on-line entry or not. 

03/01/2013 at 20:51

Ah - I see now - apologies to RW towers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.