Can anyone recommend a Pushchair for running with?

15 messages
19/09/2013 at 14:35

I was wondering if anyone takes there little ones in a pushchair when out running and if so is there a particular one you would recommend?

As both me and DH are running now but going at seperate times due to having four young children I am only managing to run once a week.  I also do two sessions a week with a personal trainer but not running.  So I am hoping to get a decent pushchair I can run with and take DD with me while my other three children are at school, this way I can fit in three running sessions a week but I am after some recommendations from poeple who use then. 

19/09/2013 at 16:05

I used a Babyjogger, great but quite expensive.

19/09/2013 at 16:42

What's a DH? What's a DD? 

19/09/2013 at 16:47
Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

What's a DH? What's a DD? 

http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

Edited: 19/09/2013 at 16:47
19/09/2013 at 16:58

Bra sizes?

19/09/2013 at 17:42

My sister uses Ironman...she loves it and can handle all terrains...with baby two on the way she is even upgrading to the double.  The brand is expensive but think the design is for running.

cougie    pirate
19/09/2013 at 17:46
Ironman license Baby joggers too ? Ay caramba !

(remembers the shower head, mattress, aftershave, stationery set)

Its probably not that crazy then.
19/09/2013 at 19:01

Thank you for your replies. I will have a look at the ones suggested so far.

Sorry DH is Darling Husband and DD is Darling Daughter.

acp
20/09/2013 at 10:50

Maybe a bit late to reply but we bought a Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger for £120 and it's great - even comes with a raincover!

20/09/2013 at 12:51

If you know anyone traveling to the US you can get a baby jogger for half the price out there. Also look on eBay and Gumtree. I bought a baby jogger from the US which was a slight second and got a friend to bring it back for me. 

20/09/2013 at 13:08

BOB running pushchairs are doing a 30 day money back guarantee on their buggies if you buy during September. See http://www.bobgear.co.uk/ 

I'm not connected with them, I run at Temple Newsam parkrun and they're having a try-before-you-buy thing this Saturday but it's fully booked.

22/09/2013 at 22:50

I would also recommend BOB (Now owned by Britax).  They are the company that holds the Ironman licence.  

Remember that you will be a loy slower when you first start out with a stroller so don't let that put you off!

I've written some more tips on running with baby here: http://rhedeg.co.uk/training/instant-expert-running-with-baby/

I'd love to know your opinion and tips as well!

23/09/2013 at 21:52

I run with a Phil&Teds it is great with 1 child in but very heavy to run with when it's got 2 children in. I actually find that I run faster with the pushchair because once it gets momentum going you have to run with that. 

24/09/2013 at 12:18

I ran with a mountain buggy with no. 1 child which was fine but a little cumbersome.

I managed to get a cheap old style Babyjogger off Ebay when no. 2 child came along and found it fantastic.  Doesn't work well for supermarkets and shopping though so best have a smaller foldaway for anything like that.

Important to find something where the handle is at a good height to run with, running with a buggy will impact your posture and running style anyway so best to make sure this feels comfortable.

Make sure you have a leash on the handle, as per above posting re momentum!!

06/10/2013 at 06:33

My baby jogger is great any terrain no issues 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.