Can I run two marathons in one week?

Running dilemma

21 to 26 of 26 messages
10/10/2012 at 14:18

I've just run Loch Ness and Chester in a week off a three month injury lay-off, yes it's possible but still hard work!! as long as you've got the miles in the bag beforehand   

10/10/2012 at 14:24

I think this is the difference for the OP. She's a newbie - never run more than 10km and has 5 months of training to get marathon ready and get the mileage in her legs.

11/10/2012 at 17:18

A runner over here just completed 7 marathons in 7 consecutive days!! BUT she is an experienced runner and completed all of them in under 4 hours running for Headway charity. If you're a newbie I suggest one marathon in a week is enough and the chances are you'll enjoy it more, rather than running one and dreading (possibly) the fact you have another one to do soon!

Whatever you choose though think of your body and health first - raising money for charity if a fantastic thing to do but not if you end up seriously injured......

Good luck though!

14/10/2012 at 16:00

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your help, you have all been great!

I've decided to just to the Brighton marathon for now, maybe one day I'll do two in a week but not just yet!

Thanks once again for your help, it has been really useful 

Jane x

07/04/2014 at 05:38

hi jane not sure if you are stil following the thread but i am doing the same and ran brighton yesterday ..not pb but gor round which i think will be the main aim for london. my toes were the problem agony. I am not a rel runner but have done two 20 milers in a week which i must say wa easier. i must say the thought of going through it  again on sunday terrifies me today but come sunday hope i will feel differently. 

07/04/2014 at 09:22

Edited: 07/04/2014 at 09:24

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.