Can I store a treadmill in a garage?

41 to 44 of 44 messages
29/08/2008 at 14:17

You can only post links to photos or video clips which are on a server somewhere (ie. not on your hard drive).

If you have pictures on a photo-sharing site, or myspace or facebook, etc.,  you can create a link with the little tree icon in the tool bar, and pasting the location in the URL box.

29/08/2008 at 14:50
Thanks Wilkie...I thought it must be something like that.  Oh well..you will all just have to imagine how cute my little bear is then!
Dark Vader    pirate
29/08/2008 at 20:44

We have a treadie in our cellar, but rarely use it.  We have a de-humidifier on all the time and there are no damp or condensation problems down there so I'm not concerned about it getting damaged at all...

Personally, I like the saying  "there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes".

I am looking forward to the approaching autumn and getting out in the dark and running..  it doesn't matter if its cold and raining..  just wear appropriate clothes....

04/12/2012 at 11:34

We have had a Nordictrack treadmill for just under 2 years which we keep in our garage (only place we had room). Nordictrack or ICON do not recommend you keep it in the garage and suggest that it be kept at a temperature of between 15C-20C degrees (although these temperatures are not specified in their manual) and were not happy to replace the belt which became stick on the weekend and tore a little at the edge as a consequence, even though we have had it such a short time and have maintained it to the best of our ability.  I am now looking for some sort of fleece cover to keep it warm through the winter, a winter coat if you like.  I am very disappointed with Nordictrack, our previous Treadmill from them, we had for 7 years and it was fine in the same conditions and lots of websites suggest even keeping Treadmills outside as long as they are covered properly and kept away from extreme cold and other extreme weather conditions.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.