Can men wear womens running shoes?

14 messages
19/06/2013 at 17:00

Was watching a lecture last night and the bloke was saying he buys womens shoes?

What you think? Its a lot cheaper etc because no women wear size 11s etc

19/06/2013 at 17:08

Not while the woman is wearing them, no.

19/06/2013 at 17:20

Pink & fluffy doesn't suit me 

19/06/2013 at 17:30

Nearly bought a women's pair of Vomero by accident the other night. They were black, my size, and I got as far as having my card in my hand before I noticed.

19/06/2013 at 18:11

If the heel cup in the mans version is a bit on the loose side then yes.

The women's heel cup is 10% narrower on account of their slimmer heels (allegedly)

M...eldy    pirate
19/06/2013 at 18:29

I wear mens shoes for similar reason ...more room in the toe/heel and size 9's generall in the sale!

20/06/2013 at 09:01

Wells that's what I meant because I think Mens and womens shoes differ by 2 sizes. I'm a 9 and so buying any blokes shoe in a 9 will be expensive but buying a women's 11! isn't going to be because not many women are size 11.

But its interesting to hear about the heel difference. I get through a pair of shoes every 2 - months and its starting to cost a lot of money. So it was just a thought. I would'nt choose anything too pink

20/06/2013 at 09:12
M...eldy wrote (see)

I wear mens shoes for similar reason ...more room in the toe/heel and size 9's generall in the sale!

Same for me - I'll buy either, depends on the shoe and the price.

ivor, why did you decide not to buy them, if they fitted and you liked them?

Vicar - men's and women's sizes don't differ as far as I can see.  I buy an 8.5 whether I get men's or women's shoes.

20/06/2013 at 10:11

Wilkie, thats interesting to hear? I just didn't know if mens and womens feet differed to such an extent that the whole idea would have been rather daft. Might be the way forward

20/06/2013 at 12:27

I've used what are marketed as men's shoes for years, in between I've used women's from time to time.

Never noticed any difference, to be honest.

My OH and I take the same size, so sometimes we swap shoes 

20/06/2013 at 16:25

As Wilkie says, I think the actual shoe sizes are the same for men's and women's shoes.

But the width / fit may differ, as mentioned.

(I don't think I can get men's shoes in a size 4 though!)

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 16:26
20/06/2013 at 17:14

TheVicar wrote (see)

But its interesting to hear about the heel difference. I get through a pair of shoes every 2 - months and its starting to cost a lot of money. 

You should try praying to another God, Vicar. 

To trash a pair of shoes in only two months means He must be testing your faith.

Mine last years, and I haven't even made a pact with the Devil.

20/06/2013 at 18:33
Wilkie wrote (see)

My OH and I take the same size, so sometimes we swap shoes  

Kinky! 

Juliefrazz, you can get children's shoes in a size 4 and avoid paying VAT. I used to have some boys' ones (I'm size 5) though normally I buy women's as I do have quite narrow heels.

20/06/2013 at 19:13

Start with her running shoes, then it's her work shoes, before you know it you'll be trying the wedding dress on, a very slippery slope

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.