Can't lose weight, what is wrong with me?

201 to 210 of 210 messages
19/08/2009 at 17:54
Yeah, but facts can be used to prove anything! (Homer Simpson)
19/08/2009 at 18:32

LOL!

I like that one.

Hi Mikefrog! Nice to see you hopping in for a visit. Hope all is well with you?

My body seems to get stuck in a rut and cutting calories for a few weeks seems to kick start it again. I'm eating same amount of calories now as I was first six months of the year and weight is coming off at an average of 2-3lb a week, whereas i was only losing average of 2lb a month in first six months of year. 

TT ;0)

22/08/2009 at 14:43

Another 2.4lb off this week, woohoo!

Ran over 9km this morning and walked 5km with buggy this afternoon, so got huge amount of calories to eat today. Have stocked up on hoummous, oatcakes and mixed nuts. May even treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine and maybe even some dark chocolate. Have developed the ability to measure out 125ml glasses of wine and stick to only 2 glasses, hubby drinks the rest of bottle though so not so good for him (or as he would see it FANTASTIC).

Have gotten quite addicted to my exercise now which is the place I like to be. Have used exercise bike 3 times this week, Ran 4 times and walked for at least an hour every day except Wednesday ( was at my Aunt's all day visiting and although I walk no matter what the weather no one else shares my enthusiasm, so she wasn't up for a walk in the rain). But I did my interval run on Wednesday morning and 5 miles on the exercise bike in the evening.

Just waiting for a yoga program to come on at 4pm to see if it's any good. I used to have a vidoe I really liked but it got all fuzzy and it wasn't available on DVD. I got a DVD by the same person but just didn't like it the same. Hopefully this program on the fitness channel will be good.

TT ;0)

19/09/2009 at 08:25

Officially into the 100's, 198lb this morning. 36lb lost and 58 lb to go.

Still walking 5-10km every day and running 4 times a week. Did a 10km race last week, my worst race time ever of 66mins 23 secs but over the moon cos it was 8 minutes faster than I had managed to run 10km since having teeny tangy. Off out for an 80minute run today and usually do an easy 5km walk in afternoon to loosen legs up.

TT ;0)

19/09/2009 at 08:28

The yoga on  Saturday was a big no no, kneeling down after my long run just aint gonna happen .

TT ;0)

19/09/2009 at 09:01
Well done. I haven't read the whole thread, but I did read the original post when you seemed to be in despair. I'm not sure how you've managed to get to a state where you are doing what you wanted i.e. losing 2-3 pounds a week.

Sorry to be lazy, but to stop me reading though the whole thread, what changed that made the difference?
19/09/2009 at 12:13

She stopped eating cakes!

Well done TT. Really pleased it's happening!

19/09/2009 at 16:38

RC- I went on a really calorie restricted diet for about 4 weeks I think it was, I was only eating 1000cals a day and eating 6 times a day and really strict about my water intake. Seemed to kick start things again and I then upped my calorie intake to 1000cals plus whatever I earn in exercise. So I'm averaging about 1750cals a day now. I walk every day 5 to 10km and run 4 times a week. My 30 min runs are around 4.25km just now and my long run on a Saturday is up to 11km.

I seem to get two weeks where I lose only 1- 2 lb a week and then two weeks where I lose 2-3lb a week, assuming it to do with hormone fluctuations affecting fluid levels. But I am very happy with rate of weightloss now and exercise levels are fitting in well with work and family. I am still very strict about keeping a food diary and weighing all my food but I let myself go over my calorie limit occassionally if I am hungry, but that rarely happens as I am eating loads of fruit and veg and don't get hungry. Only thing I struggle with at moment is keeping my fluid intake up, it is still a real chore and hasn't become second nature like everything else.

TT ;0)

19/09/2009 at 17:31

Glad you found something that worked.

As for fluid intake, yes this can be a chore. Personally, I find drinking water all day to be very boring. I've had better luck with fruit squash (with no added sugar). If I want to drink, say 2 litres a day, I'll make up a 2L bottle and stick it in the fridge door so that I can't miss it.. Seems much easier when you have the right amount in a separate container. I also developed quite a liking for speciality tea like 'white tea' and 'yerba mate' which I found easy to drink in large mugs, and it all counts towards fluid intake.

All that said, I've put on a lot of weight again since April, when I did a marathon, so it looks like it's time to start over again -- this time with the firm intention of not slipping back again next summer, as I tend to do.

21/09/2009 at 13:53

A good diluting juice is McB's, it comes in about 4 or 5 different flavour and is SUGAR FREE, only place I've ever found it though is Asda and I don't shop in Asda so have to make a special trip just to get the juice. I do the huge mug thing too, tend to drink decaff coffee but I do like decaff earl grey and redbush tea as well so may have some of that to get me drinking more again. Haven't tried white tea or yerba mate will have to have a look out for them.

Hope the weight loss goes to plan for you, does get quite exhausting some times just having to constantly keep it in check and not being able to just stay thin without having to think about it all the time. But that's the hand I was dealt so just have to get on with it.

TT ;0)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
201 to 210 of 210 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.