Carrying identification

Who would they call if they found me?

21 to 36 of 36 messages
24/09/2009 at 08:42

I think carrying ID is an excellent idea for all lone runners.

I was bought an ID bracelet from this site by my best friend as a Christmas pressie.  A slightly more expensive option I know but it was a gift.  They do a variety of choices depending on budget from a tenner to £100+.

Don't forget to include if you have any medical conditions on your ID.

Our tri club has all our membership details on the front and an ICE name and contact number on the back of our membership card (which is laminated and slightly smaller than credit card size.  We have to take our card to all sessions.  

24/09/2009 at 08:52

ICE tags - simple

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj366/MisterK_photos/03062009445.jpg

Family & Doctor`s details on the back.

24/09/2009 at 09:15

I wear a set of military style dog tags round my neck, picked them up from a military fair for £3. They have my name, DOB, blood group, three contact numbers for my wife and the fact im allergic to wasps!!

Simples

24/09/2009 at 09:26
I reckon for those concerned that's the best solution rather than tags on your running shoes - I mean unless you routinely carry other ID everywhere else you go you could have a medical emergency any time - not just when you are running.
Gyraffe    pirate
24/09/2009 at 09:38

I carry a scrap of paper in my pocket with my husband's mobile number on it. If it's a long run or if it's raining I put the paper in a plastic bag to stop the ink running. Pretty hi-tech I think you'll agree.

I only do this so that he'll have less stress if I get squished on the road.

24/09/2009 at 09:49

Popsider - true enough but most other places people do tend to have purse/wallet on them with cards inside with their name on (at worst) and their driving licence (at best) so that hospitals would have something to go on.

Though, my little bracelet is quite pretty so I do find I just wear it all the time.  (Perfect for if I get squashed by a bus in bed, non?)

Edited: 24/09/2009 at 09:59
Nam
24/09/2009 at 09:57
Was going to say same thing as Mouse but she got there before me.
24/09/2009 at 10:28
Mouse...I wear a Talisman bracelet at all times and agree with you. I'm deaf and only carry the front door key when I go out running...all my contact details/blood group etc. are noted on the paperslip provided with the bracelet...should a bus squash me all they have to do is bury the bracelet  
24/09/2009 at 10:29
billuk wrote (see)
Got mine from www.icetags.co.uk £3.95. It's a plastic tag attached to my shoe with a couple of contact numbers. Hopefully I'll never need it...
Thanks for that, just ordered!
seren nos yn canu    pirate
24/09/2009 at 10:31
now I know what to but my OH for his birthday
24/09/2009 at 10:58
seren nos - dyn haearn wrote (see)
now I know what to but my OH for his birthday
I hope you're going to say steak and beer
03/10/2009 at 18:53

I have RoadId bracelet, in case you don't want to carry personal details that anyone could get hold of easily

It has a pin and password on the back and a telephone number  that police/hospital can call to obtain all my information including Next of kin, Doctors details etc

The basic info on the front is just my name and blood group.

It's bright yellow too so easy to see and spot.

Basil Brush Mk II    pirate
04/10/2009 at 18:04

I have a Medic Alert bracelet and have done for a while - I have underlying medical conditions/medications that might be important for any medics to know about should I get squished/collapse on a run. It acts as my peace of mind that if this happens the info is available to medics and that my husband/parents/best friend (in that order should one be unavailable) be contacted to let them know.

I don't wear it day to day but I do wear it when I'm travelling. In fact that's where I lost it recently - in Italy!

05/10/2009 at 23:35

Bought my id wristband from www.mysportidband.com. Arrived the next day and really pleased with it.

Did start another thread where I was asking about them. I have missed this thread. They also do medical wristbands etc. for those who want more than just a sports one.

Edited: 05/10/2009 at 23:35
06/10/2009 at 14:00
http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx  I have one of these on my shoe with my name, address, contact telephone numbers for my husband and father, my blood group and that I'm an organ donor.
06/10/2009 at 15:28

I thought about this after Steve Cram's brother died running. I just have a personalised key chain which has my name and the phone numbers of my wife, dad and father-in-law. Hopefully one of them would pick up in an emergency. If I do lose my keys then no-one's going to know my address to get up to no good either.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.