Carrying Stuff in Races

What is allowed?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
28/09/2002 at 20:26
glad i saw this thread, as i'm doing a marathon in 2 weeks and they only supply water, so i was going to take my (small!) hydration backpack...i've got used to it and now don't notice it....my dad is convinced that i'm not allowed to do this, his reasoning being that he did 2.30 in the 1980 london marathon without drinking during the race apart from a sip of something someone handed him that he threw away as it was salty....not quite sure i get this....but hey, each to his own!
i noticed someone was taking the p*** out of backpacks, but i kind of like mine....got used to it from having to run into work and carry clothes and shoes (and i've been known to do this for a 20 miile run ;) and actually my bigger one (about 25 litres) is far more comfy full of a day's clobber than my tiny one (3litres) is with just some squash and chocolate in.....now got a not quite so tiny which is perfect....bit like getting the right shoes...trial and error! ok, i'm being boring.....started off talking racing, then ended up defending my macpac....
oh well....
28/09/2002 at 21:17
Fuffa, 25 litres ?!?! isn't that about 50 pints?
29/09/2002 at 11:08
yeh, but you only get about 3 litres of water in it....i fill up the other 22 litres with chocolate ;)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.