centre parcs, France

anyone ever been? need advice!

10 messages
14/05/2011 at 13:45
bit random i know,but sure someone can answer this!
im going to centre parcs in france in a couple of weeks and im confused about swimwear. i have heard from a number of people that the only swimwear blokes are allowed to wear, by law, are budgie smugglers (or speedos!). is this true? any body have experience? their website doesn't say anything...
M...eldy    pirate
14/05/2011 at 13:54
yes I am sure that is correct, you also need to wear a string of garlic round your neck   
14/05/2011 at 13:56
oooh la la!
cougie    pirate
14/05/2011 at 14:05
I think some pools don't like swimming shorts but normal trunks will be fine.
Why centre parcs France ? I thought they were all basically the same no matter what country ?
14/05/2011 at 14:09
nope, been to CP uk many times and just worn regular swim shorts, no big long boardies, just standard swim shorts.
14/05/2011 at 14:39

Can't help with CP France, but stayed at a load of Camp site all over france and they do indeed insist you only wear trunks (no shorts) and worse still a swimming cap!!!

I would have thought if this was the case in Centre Parcs in France then they would have plastered it all over their website..or there would be a load of pee'd of Brits wirtiting reviews.

cougie    pirate
14/05/2011 at 15:29
Do they do the nudey continental saunas at CP over there ? I think they stopped them in the uk.
14/05/2011 at 15:47
Something that interests you does it Cougie?
cougie    pirate
14/05/2011 at 15:56
Lol ! I knew you had to be careful when booking the sauna over here as some of the sessions banned all costumes. Prob not one for the Brits.
30/04/2014 at 06:09

Just found this thread during a search for an answer to this exact question! Mr f, presumably you've returned from CP by now, what happened, were shorts acceptable?

Cheers

Sam

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.