Cheating must be worth it?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
07/05/2014 at 11:24
SideBurn wrote (see)

But just to be clear, I have no issue with people taking over the counter 'sports supplements' it is the 'under the counter' stuff I am talking about.

I can now picture a Monty Python sketch set in a barber shop....

"something for your weekend run sir?"

07/05/2014 at 11:44
SideBurn wrote (see)

Lance Armstrong  was reputed to be worth $125M

F...ing right it is worth it

Maybe we should talk about people who have died as a direct result of doping? Or the ones who have become crippled?

Unfortunately the drugs work, are relatively cheap and easily obtainable. The difficult bit is getting away with it, but, as Lance proved it is easy to pass the tests  If you know what you are doing  He is still the most tested athlete and was never 'done' for failing a test

Dope at your own peril

Well, he's probably now the most reviled athlete who's ever lived. None of his Tour wins counts. Was it worth it just for the money? I'm not so sure.

07/05/2014 at 11:48
SideBurn wrote (see)
PipG wrote (see)

I have a horrible suspicion that doping is the norm in so many sports and its justified by the 'everyone is doing it' thought. I always suspected Armstrong and I had people on forums going mental at me for suggesting it. Hmmm....

But if you want some really depressing reading that makes you think that doping is normal in some sports have a look a this;

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/

The author seems to be suggesting that the tennis authorities follow the, "Do not look under stones if you do not want to find what is under them" doctrine. It shows that the number of tennis players tested has halved in the last 12 months. More to the point, it is starting to use methods that were introduced in cycling more than 10years ago.

Very depressing reading

I thought that was going to say 'Tennis has asteroid problem', which would be intriguing in itself...

07/05/2014 at 12:12
Peter Collins wrote (see)

I thought that was going to say 'Tennis has asteroid problem', which would be intriguing in itself...

The best one has to be 'experts exchange' where techy people got together to get advice.

Their url.

http://www.expertsexchange.com

07/05/2014 at 12:14

Well you would want an expert rather than a trainee wouldn't you? 

07/05/2014 at 15:21
andyp wrote (see)
SideBurn wrote (see)

But just to be clear, I have no issue with people taking over the counter 'sports supplements' it is the 'under the counter' stuff I am talking about.

I can now picture a Monty Python sketch set in a barber shop....

"something for your weekend run sir?"

"Do you want the 10 seconds advantage or the full half hour?"

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.