Cheltenham

Anyone from Cheltenham out there? ... I'm moving next week - yikes!

7 messages
05/10/2007 at 12:54

Anyone from Cheltenham out there? I'm moving there next week and, having just returned from the Berlin Marathon and waved a sad goodbye to my lovely training partners from Leicestershire (sniff, sniff), I need to find myself a new gang to run with. Can anyone out there recommend a club? And tell me that I'm doing the right thing and that Cheltenham is a lovely place?!! Cheers!

05/10/2007 at 14:02

Hello!

I is from Cheltenham!

Two clubs - Harriers and ALmost Athletes.

One 'serious', the other is less serious. I am a member of the latter. We meet Wednesday evenings....you'd be more than welcome to come along.

Chelt is a lovely place....got hills to run in and the Literature festival is this weekend!

05/10/2007 at 19:15
Hi Nick! Thanks for your reply! Less serious sounds perfect. And I like hills (although I'm not convinced that my legs do). I just looked at the website - you sound a lovely lot! Do you only train on Wednesdays, or are there other nights too? Glad to hear it's a nice place - now I've signed my job contract, I've suddenly realised that i'm really moving - yikes! I'm moving in next Thursday, but prob can't come along to a Weds session for another 2 weeks 'cos of work stuff, so it'd be nice to come across some runners before then. Would it have been one of your lot that I spotted as I crossed the line in Berlin? There was someone in very very purple kit!
05/10/2007 at 21:33

Yes purple kit that will be us! The main meet is on a wed, but there are also ladies meets on a friday evening, an off-road run on Saturday morning and also other sort of ad hoc groups that get together depending upon where people live etc. There are a huge range of abilities so you will easily find people of your pace whatever that might be. Actually there is a social evening next friday in Cheltenham!

There were lots of Berlin marathoners at the meet on Wednesday with medals and sore legs, I wasnt one of them though, but well spotted...not too difficult though as the kit stands out pretty well!

If you want to drop me an email via this site then please feel free...im not actually running at the minute as I have a bit of a niggle I want to get cleared up, hopefully though things will be ok by the middle of next week.

Blisters    pirate
06/10/2007 at 01:32

Hello

Cheltenham Harriers

Amost Athletes

Gloucester AC

Severn AC

Angels AC

tri team Glos

all good healthy clubs. Choose which you fancy, and be prepared to be exposed in the local rag on a Thursday. Not literally.

PS X/c event Sat 13/10/07 Crypt school, Gloucester. Fairly easy course.

06/10/2007 at 16:19

Oh goody, it sounds like there are lots of nice running related things going on. Blisters, don't think I'll be quite fit for XC next week - although it does sound tempting. I'd promised myself that I'd have two weeks off following Berlin - although I'm already getting twitchy Nick - hope your injury gets better soon. Ta for the tip about Fri/Sat training, and about the social evening. May message you later in the week to find out more. Cheers, Jo

08/10/2007 at 21:14

Hi Blisters....yes forgot about those, there is also Tewkesbury AC too. Also isnt Angels AC a ladies club????

Give me a shout if you want more info - but speaking for ALmosts all the info you need is on the website and/or the current Newsletter.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.