Chester marathon 2013

Chester matathon

21 to 25 of 25 messages
18/06/2013 at 11:42

alrite mark,how many have you done mate

19/06/2013 at 11:12

Hi Griffo..

Chester will be my first full Marathon... I only started running about a year ago..

I was sat in Starbucks as all the runners from the 2012 Mersey Tunnel 10k were walking past after finishing. They were all wearing shiny new T shirts and every single one of them had an enormous smile on their faces, and I thought.."I'll have a bit of that"..

Started running and really caught the bug, as we all do.. I've done the Liverpool half and a handful of 10k's (including the 2013 Tunnel 10k, which I walked away from with a shiny new T shirt and an enormous smile!!).

My times are good and all the calculators tell me that (with the right training) I should be able to do a 3h25m. So I'm aiming for a sub 3.30.

I'm working to the RW 5 day sub 3.30 schedule and started it this week (exactly 16weeks till race day)..

My intention was to run the Liverpool Marathon as that's my nearest, but after that was unfortunately cancelled, Chester seems to be the one to go for. 

I'll be running it on my 41st Birthday, so that coupled with the great reviews of Chester and the personal achievement, it should be a pretty amazing day (providing all goes to plan).

I'm seriously contemplating running the Wirral half the following Sunday and treating that as a bit of a cool down run after all the training. I figure that providing I keep loose during the week, I should be able to run it, even if it is at a leisurely jog.

How about yourself? I sense you've run quite a few. Any top tips?

Mark

19/06/2013 at 13:18

great story mark,ive done 1 Blackpool in april 4hrs21mins46sec,ive been running about 2years now,lost,4and half stone 17stone to 12and half,chester in october sub 4,and ive signed up for my 1st ultra Born To Run in llanelli in march 40 miler,and im 48,anyway get plenty of base miles in and dont worry too much about times in your 1st big one,dont forget you will p/b thats for sure mate,keep on running

25/07/2013 at 09:11

I have an entry for the 2013 race but due to a current injury I won't be in any shape to run.

Unfortunately the race organisers don't do refunds or deferral to following year, but I can transfer my entry to another runner at no extra cost.

So, does anyone want my entry for the reduced price of £25 ( £42/£44 normal price ) ?

Get in touch and I'll get the necessary details to the organisers

28/07/2013 at 21:14

Entry for sale for this year's Chester Marathon. Message me if interested!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.