Chip Timing at Cancer Reasearch Events

6 messages
07/09/2010 at 12:02

Hi All,

I am running the 10K round Victoria Park in London on the 17th October 2010 and I was just wondering if it will be chip timed. I can't find this info out anyway. Help please Thanks.

07/09/2010 at 12:24

Hi Cheg,

I was wondering the same thing about my run in Tatton Park, but I've just checked the Cancer Research website and it says "Cancer Research UK does not provide official timings for the runs, but there will be a clock on the start and finish line for you to note your own time".

07/09/2010 at 12:33
Hi Cheg, I'm doing that one too.  I'll be the person in the red vest looking like she's about to drop dead....
cougie    pirate
07/09/2010 at 13:21
Are they officially measured 10ks ? Or just approximate like the Race For Lifes ?
07/09/2010 at 16:47

The ones I have done in the past haven't been chip timed. Thinking about it, I don't remember any charity races being chip timed as it comes down to cost.

Like Cougie says, they probably won't be an accurate distance anyway.

07/09/2010 at 23:58
Ok thanks guys. I have plenty more races to aim for PB's at. I'm running with a friend so I'll just potter around with her and enjoy the day and earn some money for a good cause.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.