Club kit- your thoughts

to help me with the kit re-design for our club

21 to 35 of 35 messages
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:31
Moosey I think it may be the only way to get everyone trying kit on in one place- I shall ply them with drinks so they mellow out and agree with me.
cougie    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:33
Very strange that people abused you because of the kit. Some v odd people around though.

I'd deffo say black shorts though, as they are v practical, and you can get all kinds of legwear in black.

The URWFRC kit is nice - I guess that's printed, so you could go down that route. Looks so much nicer than a lot of running club tops. They look quite dated ?
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:38
I have never been abused for being German but Derek said he was.
Black shorts are currently what we have although some of the older design have the coloured panels in which I prefer because they match better and then I have a yellow hair bobble on the yellow side, red on the other. Sad I know.
The company seem to offer more fitted lycra versions of the club vest- which may or may not be appreciated.
cougie    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:41
Tee hee - hair bobbles. I had a pair of red/yellow cycling socks and another of yellow/red cycling socks.

Used to wear one of each. I thought it looked quite cool anyway !
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:50
Glad it's not just me then.
cougie    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:53
I'll try your hairbobble thing next.

Hey - you mad foool you.

Redesign Club Kit ---- what colour is your Fondriest !? Then that shall be your colour !

And all your kit will match. Easy peasy.
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 14:56
ah of course then it has to be pink/purple/blue and black or I'm off to join a trithlon club.
cougie    pirate
27/06/2003 at 15:03
Its the way to go. All my bikes match my club kit. Advantage of being able to buy new bikes unnoticed if they are the same colour. And I just throw on my club kit rather than trying to combine the trade team kits. My mate has a spectacular ability to clash his bike, shorts, top and mitts all at once. Outstanding ! ;-)
27/06/2003 at 15:14
Sorry to be of no help but I actually like the Dewsbury kit ... it@s far nicer than the bright yellow flourescent one we wear at Rothwell ( risks severe reprimand from Roz here!).
Cannot believe people think it has nazi conotations.
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 15:18
Ah Mark we were discussing Rothwells fluo yellow kit and I said it's very worrying as I keep mistaking them for mile markers when I see them in the distance, then the damn things get no nearer. Derek reckoned we should have fluo orange as no one to his knowledge has that in the area. We better not join the same x country league or we'd be done for scaring the cattle.
27/06/2003 at 15:35
Since when was a bright yellow fluo Rothwell vest way ahead of you in the distance?? .. if this so it sure as hell wasn't me !!
PS
I think Barnsley are fluo orange tho' they are not exactly local to us.
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 15:45
Fluo pink it is then lads!!!!!!
27/06/2003 at 15:49
That will have been me ahead of Monique, Mark. Pudsey Pacers are fluo yellow as well.

An easy mistake to make.
Monique    pirate
27/06/2003 at 15:53
Pudseys yellow is no where near as eyecatching as Rothwells, they are so loud if you stand next to one you miss the race briefing.
27/06/2003 at 22:15
Lol Monique.I wondered why you were wearing shades the last time I spoke to you at a race !!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.