Club la Santa

A specific question, if anyone can help

9 messages
18/06/2004 at 10:20
Thinking about going to Club La Santa in a family group, maybe next year. Gotta plan well in advance. Everyone who's given feedback on this forum has raved about the place.

Now, a question:

The family group will include a boy who's 11 now. He's visually impaired (no peripheral vision) and has coordination problems due to a neurological defect. So a lot of sports activities are ruled out, but he can swim, run about and he rides ponies.

Can anyone who's been advise on the children's facilities? I'm assuming the range of activities is broader than a "normal" resort. Any thoughts on whether La Santa would be better suited, the same, or worse for a partially-disabled youngster than an ordinary beach resort?

All thoughts gratefully received.
18/06/2004 at 10:27
Think both Cougie and Jose have been, might be worth dropping them an e-mail ?
cougie    pirate
18/06/2004 at 10:34
Just got back a few weeks ago.

They have a kids club that goes from 3 years up and have an am and pm session every day, with activities planned.

I think 11 is too old for that though, but I believe they have kids tennis and footy tournaments and a junior tri. Not really an expert as lil c is only 5 and perfectly happy hunting moon rocks with the kids club.

The beach isn't as good as a 'normal' resort though - but the sports activities make up for it.
WildWill    pirate
18/06/2004 at 10:47
Muttley - have you thought of e-mailing them?
18/06/2004 at 11:48
actually, the beach is cr*p. But the pool is OK.

as Will says, email them, from my experience they are very helpfull.
cougie    pirate
18/06/2004 at 11:50
If you go on their website - www.clublasanta.com - they have a list of all the weekly activities downloadable in a pdf file.
18/06/2004 at 16:56
Cheers all. I thought I'd get the unbiased opinion of folks who have been there first.

I'll drop them an email.
19/06/2004 at 22:55
I have no experience of ordinary beach resorts but I have been visiting CLS for almost 20 years.

There are many opportunities for swimming and running around. No riding as far as I know.

You would need to be careful about physical safety as it's a multi-level place - steps everywhere, and the combination of bright light and white painted buildings with occasional heavily shaded areas can be visually confusing.
20/06/2004 at 12:07
Good point about the steps, HW. His vision doesn't extend to the ground immediately in front of him, so he's prone to trip over everything. I'll bear in mind. Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.