Cold is goooood

brrrr

81 to 91 of 91 messages
23/11/2008 at 15:33

Didn't realise how cold it was yesterday til I got outside in a pair of shorts and a sleeveless top! Still, you warm up in seconds (well minutes).

This morning I was more prepared (didn't wear shorts!) but I could literally feel my lips going blue.

Chris D is right "i hate running in wind or rain!"

28/11/2008 at 22:42
I had the most delightful run in powdery snow last weekend. Cycling to work in the dark through the slush and rain on the monday was less good. When I lived in Canada I invested in serious thermal underwear to protect those delicate parts! They even had special thermal running underwear - great stuff.
02/12/2008 at 13:45

Runner Bean, that is a lovely and poetic paragraph on seasonal running and it should be posted on every sweaty gym's door!!

Here's to al the Frosty the Snowrunners!

07/08/2010 at 19:30
because we were all w0men 0nce haha!!
08/08/2010 at 14:11
Just read through this whole thread, quite a reminder of what we got coming up soon.
24/11/2010 at 12:41

I recently ran a half marathon and the heavy rain halfway through meant I got seriously cold - especially around my hips. I was worried my muscles would seize up, but managed to make it through. Layers etc didn't make any difference, not once the ice-cold rain soaked everything! 

S T
24/11/2010 at 12:56

LadyBee I'm with ya...

I love running in this cold weather.  Not so sure about the impending snowfall if it's as bad as last year, that could prove interesting! ;o) 

25/11/2010 at 09:32

I also love running in the cold, especially when its crisp and clear

Only problem is now...... it is snowy/icy! Doubt i'll be getting a PB if i'm on my bum!

I remember running whilst it was snowing ans very windy last year it was burning my face but still carried on and felt great after! got some funny looks but really felt liked i'd acheived something for the rest of the day. (probably was a bad idea on the windy roads in the brecon beacons tho!)

25/11/2010 at 13:27

I actually race best when it is raining.  I mean proper raining and not that "Oohh...a light sprinking of water...how refreshing" type of rain.  My 2 best half marathon times were done in pouring rain (and fine...a nice flat course...stop judging me).  Although weirdly I cant train in the rain.  Stupid head confuses me. 

I trained in the snow last year on freshly gritted roads at 2am as the paths were so bad.  I loved that.  Not another soul in sight....except police cars patrolling who kept stopping me.  But you cant really complain at that.  In their eyes, why would someone be running along the road at that time in the morning!  The fact I wouldnt have known if one of my ears had fallen off though...that would have been annoying going back to try and find it.

25/11/2010 at 22:05
Give me the cold any day, love it!
26/11/2010 at 14:08

I'd just like to say that I still like running in the cold just as much as I did when I started this thread!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 91 of 91 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.