Cold is goooood

brrrr

1 to 20 of 91 messages
28/10/2008 at 19:14

I LOVE running in this weather!! Had the bestest 5km run today, shaved 1 min off my time

But none of my non-running friends seem to agree that it being colder is so great. Pfft .

Anybody else with me? 

28/10/2008 at 19:16
I love the cold LadyBoy All my PB's have been done this time of year.
28/10/2008 at 19:16

Hello Ladtbee

yes, i go along with that -

i love having my hat and gloves on and really striding out, especially after dark

running in the dark makes you run faster anyway !!  

28/10/2008 at 20:00

Yay for faster times

Although I think the weather heard me & took it to heart: it's only gone and started snowing here!!  Not sure I quite fancy a run in the snow?!?!

28/10/2008 at 20:01

yes yes YES

Hippo weather

mmmmmmmmmm

28/10/2008 at 20:18
I love the sunshine.

16 - 20 degrees C is ideal for me, with little wind. All of my PB's for 1500m, 5k and 10k were achieved in June/July.

I do like running in the cold though, it just never produces as good times.
28/10/2008 at 20:41

16-20C?!?! I roast at that temperate! Clearly you're not working hard enough Paul

Don't Hippos come from hot sunny Africa?!

Yargh, we've had about 2" of snow now. The weather's got abit carried away.

28/10/2008 at 21:52
i much prefer the cold, especially when its crisp and sunny and cold I'm not a happy summer runner at all. (actually I'm not much of a summer runner full stop )
29/10/2008 at 00:50

I did my 5k PB (19 mins, 32 seconds) in around 17/18 degrees C. Lovely!

I always get my highest mileage in during the summer months... plenty of time down at the beach running along the seafront.

29/10/2008 at 08:45

Yes winter running is lovely. 

Summer running is horrible.

29/10/2008 at 11:20

Winter running!  Right with you there.....don't go quite so red faced!       

The heat of summer just leaves me feeling URGHH!!!!   

Def. faster run times at this time of year, only started running seriously  about a year ago. 

seren nos    pirate
29/10/2008 at 11:22
I love the winter running apart from when it pours down. running in the cold dry is brilliant
29/10/2008 at 11:24

I love the cold but i love the rain too!

29/10/2008 at 11:29
I love the cold but was a bit shocked at the ice this morning..had to abandon my run and wil have to try again later !
29/10/2008 at 12:28
i know!! i had to go to the gym, bah. it's such a nice day too, gorgeous clear skies. would've been a cracker for running, but didn't quite fancy the black ice we have around here! weather took me far too seriously - i didn't mean I liked it THIS cold!
29/10/2008 at 13:35
I'm not a summer runner - do prefer the cold, but today got back and didn't jump straight in the shower and as a result have had what can only be described as Severe nip pain.  Ended up standing in a hot shower using my hands to make little nip baths to make them all better
OJO
29/10/2008 at 15:46

Yes, I'm with you. I love cold, crisp weather and struggle in any sort of heat.

In fact I thought this morning was the ideal time to start on my new "teach yourself to run in the mornings" resolution. Okay, it was 8am and not 6am, those of us that are afflicted by being crap and slothful in the mornings have to start somewhere. The clear, cold air and the crispy bits of frost on the pavement were definitely motivating. I like running in the dark too...  It's all good

29/10/2008 at 18:52

Owwww. The torture we put ourselves through.

I may like the cold but I have to admit OJO that I like my nice warm bed a lot more in the mornings. I've been saying for years that I'll start running "in the mornings" yet I've never yet managed a pre-9am run. Ooops. 

29/10/2008 at 20:01

Hi

Started running in August so have only run in the heat (well sort of we did not have much of a summer).  However, went running at the weekend in the rain and ran the furthest I had run 5.5 miles in 1 hour and today I decided to attempt a very steep hill.  I live in Kent so have been running hills since I began.  I then ran another two miles, again up hill.  The weather was perfect.  Cold, crisp with a slight breeze.  Felt really good.  I have relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis, so the heat always affects me.  Looking forward to the winter!!  Wendy

Lwi
29/10/2008 at 20:04

I love the cold, can't wait until it snows for that crunchiness (but not the slush afterwards)

I've fallen out with cyclists though, they seem to like either trying to ram me or blind me with badly angled lights.

Lwi
1 to 20 of 91 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.