Convince me to...

..run 1/2 M tomorrow morning

14 messages
07/06/2003 at 08:59
You know its always worth going for a run!!
And the fact you're in a race will keep you going whereas the temptation to just do 10k will creep in if you're running on your own. Do it!
07/06/2003 at 09:14
And then you can do it again next year when you're fitter and be chuffed with your improvement!
07/06/2003 at 09:26
Go for it, you might even surprise yourself!
07/06/2003 at 12:40
You snivelling worm , you will run this race, you have given up free time and trained hard to be a runner.

Get up off a your thing !

Move it move it move it !!!!

<drill sgt mode off> ;)
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/06/2003 at 12:44
Go for it! You know you'll enjoy it

Off to dog club for my stint selling coffee and cakes at the Fest - it's scorchingly hot here. Not for the first time, I wish I was detailed to the bar instead!
07/06/2003 at 13:36
Run the race or this cute kitten gets it!

Grrr!
07/06/2003 at 14:16
And then you can post a mile by mile account of the race on here so saddoes like me can analyse it for useful advice.

And you get a t-shirt?

And a new experience in life.
07/06/2003 at 16:28
Once you set off it's not far to go.

Come on Xerxes, I'm getting up earlyish to go to a race (admittedly a short one). Run it and get it over with. I'll swop reports with you on training tomorrow. Sub 90 mins for you perhaps?
07/06/2003 at 16:48
I'm not race fit either but am off on a 10m plod tomorrow.

Apart from sleeping in, what else where you planning on doing?
07/06/2003 at 17:11
run it.. and enjoy the experience whatever your speed... if you don't runit you'll spend all day wondering 'what if'....
Good luck..
07/06/2003 at 17:59
I did the Brussels 20k the toher day - or at least started it. Couldn't finish it - far too headachy and coldy and couldn't run it off, but i was pleased to have been there and not wondered. Didn't help my resolve in that it passes on 3k from my front door - and that's where I gave up.

Point is - I couldn't have sat and wondered - I might have surprised myself and what's the point of training to then not even try.

Go for it
07/06/2003 at 18:07
Go for it!!!
07/06/2003 at 19:30
Go or I'll take my shell off my back and come and beat your round the head with it!!
09/06/2003 at 16:31
So Tim, what happened ?

We were waiting.

We looked around.

We started without you.

We thought we might see you spectating at the finish.

But nope, you weren't there.

Excellent scenery, excellent weather, Mars bars and biccies at check points and a PW for me by 10mins , ouch! It was tough, it was hilly, it was "Off Road" (with nettles, stiles and cow pats to negotiate) and now I've got to do it next year to beat the hill that beat me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.