Cushioned or Support

type of shoe for big runner

2 messages
10/10/2002 at 16:47
I am a 5'9" runner and weigh around 180 pounds. I have a high arch and would like to run a marathon. I have run several half marathons in under two hours. What type of shoe is best for larger runners, cushioned or support?

Thanks
10/10/2002 at 17:19
Hi Steven it depends on your running style.

What are you currently running in?

I am not too clued up but it seems a little strange: Cushioned shoes are good for people with high arches and do not pronate very much. Heavy runners tend to pronate a little more though (not neccessarily a bad thing.

I do not think you are a particularly heavy runner.
I am not far off your weight and I use stability shoes as they have good cushioning and durability. I have found since using these shoes I have had fewer injury problems.

My current favourite is Asics 2070 which is great, I have no problems in it at all and is very adaptable.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.