Dehydration

11 miles with no drink

41 to 44 of 44 messages
07/08/2009 at 12:31

I think it depends on how well you keep yourself hydrated and the weather conditions. But for someone that sips all the time I manage to run for and hour and half without water. But obviously I drink well during the day and also after. I have tried to get into the habit of not drinking on a run and it seems fine now, but at first I had a bladder ruck sack, not so comfy at first but you get used to it.

I ran 11 miles last night and all I did for water was face the sky and open my mouth, bloody weather.

07/08/2009 at 16:29
I don't normally drink when i am running but I have been taking a small bottle with me over the summer, more to stop the dry mouth and to tip on my face than for hydration though (but I always seen to run in the midday sun ) In cooler weather as long as you are well hydrated before I think a couple of hours running without a drink is manageable!
11/08/2009 at 12:58

I would like to drink on long runs ( up to 13 miles so far) but I get a stitch so generally give it a miss- unless of course anybody knows of another way to avoid a stitch. I dont think I need to drink though - so maybe for the half I will give it a miss. Worried about the marathon though??

11/08/2009 at 13:11

I'll take a drink now for anything over 5km when training, but only as the camelbak racepak feels like I'm not carrying one.

I overcook and dry out really quickly, I'm loving that the weather has been cool.

Although if it's a 10k race now I'll skip the water station unless it's hot

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.