Diet change required ?

6 messages
09/10/2002 at 12:00
I have recently started taking my running a bit more seriously (running more often and futher) and am finding i'm getting really tired most evenings.
I would like some advice on what I should be eating for 'fuel' for my increased exercise !
09/10/2002 at 12:34
Sam, browse the fora. There are any number of threads on this topic, but for a short answer - lots of pasta\bread\rice\potatoes, as much fruit and salad as you want.. and a little protein.
09/10/2002 at 12:53
And remember that no amount of good food will compensate for not enough sleep or an over-full schedule.
09/10/2002 at 12:59
Is "fora" really the plural of forum? I know we had this discussion a while back, but "fora" just doesn't look right to me!

If it is then I suppose "Flora" must be the plural of "Florums??"

Iain
09/10/2002 at 13:03
Er.. that would be florum. See bacteria/bacterium. Anyway, don't start, Tim will notice.

On the serious stuff, Wurzel sums it up. Could just add drink lots and lots of water.

Personally I'm glad running makes me tired, if I don't run I find it hard to sleep.
09/10/2002 at 20:01
Hear, hear Vrap
Looks like I might be a lost cause, does that give me an excuse to eat rubbish?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.