Do I get a gold watch?

Retirement from running

21 to 26 of 26 messages
08/02/2005 at 19:13
Theres always bingo, pool and darts

but cyclings better
09/02/2005 at 07:53
Good luck with whatever you do Martin.
Your comments on what you'll miss about running will strike a chord with all of us I think.
09/02/2005 at 08:46
Just when you're feeling a little down in the dumps........yesterday it snowed and we had a half day holiday so I decided to go out on my mountainbike (I have one with Winter Tyres on) - the sun came out and it was just beutiful cycling on untouched snow through the forest.

.....I'm not one for messages but....
09/02/2005 at 16:46
I love mountain biking in the snow. It adds a certain "edge".

Are you sure you're not me MartinH? ;)

- ex-pat
- large house with basement
- concept 2, turbo, tv in basment
- mountain biker

Have fun.
09/02/2005 at 17:06
Chip

.....in an infinite universe anything is possible...

Actually we're currently thinking about relocating (again!) and North America is on our list of potentials (probably Boston as opposed to Canada).
09/02/2005 at 17:17
Boston sounds good. Although you might have to hide yourself away on the week the marathon.

We came to Canada because Mrs CTM wanted to come home and give the kids a Canadian upbringing.

Life's good here. An hour away from the mountains for skiing, biking and hiking. The city has extensive bike/running paths.

My daughter has taken up speed skating and is learning at what is widely recognised at the best skating facility in the world.

Not much happens in Canada, but in some ways that's a good thing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.