Do you think oscar pistorius regrets boasting of his gun collection now

1 to 20 of 54 messages
14/02/2013 at 09:01

The story is quite a shock to say the least. I know crime in SA is pretty rife across the country but adopting a "shoot first" reaction? Even if I had a gun I'd be reluctant to shoot it unless I was absolutely sure of what I was shooting at.

I know it was 4am, but if you are awake enough to fire a gun at someone you are aware enough of your surroundings to be able to see especially in an adrenaline fuelled scenario like that - senses would be incredibly heightened.

I'm not entirely convinced of the accidental circumstances.

cougie    pirate
14/02/2013 at 09:55
Thank god we've got our very own Miss Marple on the job !

I'll let the police sort it out.

David - what if his girlfriend worked away - say an airline stewardess for example and was surprising him by coming straight over from a cancelled flight or something ?

What if he's as blind as a bat without his contacts in ? He mistook a handbag for a machete ?

Very early on Valentines Day to be kicking off eh ?

Whatever happened - its a sad day for all families involved.
14/02/2013 at 10:21

That was presumably a quote from Devon and Cornwall constabulary's man at the scene in, erm, Pretoria.

Some subjects are best not commented on. Like this one.

14/02/2013 at 10:30

I think his girlfriend is a model, but yeah she could have flown in especially

I guess he must have shot her from the bed, otherwise he would have had to put on his 'house legs' which may have given him time to shout out/think about who it might be.
I wouldn't have thought burglars would snoop around a bedroom in a gated community (if they broke in), but take the expensive stuff from the living area.

As cougie says tho' - lets leave it to the police

14/02/2013 at 10:35

It's an immutable law of the internet that 99 per cent of posters know exactly what happened within minutes of an incident.

14/02/2013 at 10:37

Oscar that is the worst valentine surprise any guy as ever given his girlfriend

14/02/2013 at 10:50

Me? Sarcastic?

14/02/2013 at 11:07

At the moment, everything about this case is mere speculation.

If his explanation that he thought his girlfriend was a burglar doesn't stack up then clearly the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Breaking news.

Charged with murder.

Edited: 14/02/2013 at 11:08
14/02/2013 at 11:23

ah, the Pistorius backlash begins!

14/02/2013 at 11:30

I never thought much about him. However, I always thought that one day the question of the merits of running on blades would come into sharp focus - I just thought it would happen in the Olympics, not the Paralympics, and would come from able-bodied runners querying the fairness of it, not from Oscar himself about other runners' blades. I found that whole thing interesting. I'm not sure where I stand on bladed runners being allowed to run with able-bodies athletes, but I guess the question is where does it stop? I'm not sure that's been sorted out to full satisfaction as yet.

14/02/2013 at 11:36

The whole thing has been debated at some length on this forum a few times, with measured opinion coming down on both sides, particularly at the time when the court of arbitration overturned the IAAF ruling that he shouldn't compete at the Olympics because his blades conferred an advantage.  So the backlash is not a new thing.

Still, conjecture about bare facts in what is obviously a tragic case no matter what's happened... different kettle of fish.  No comment.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/02/2013 at 11:49

No comment either. We don't have the facts.

14/02/2013 at 11:52

Once Kirani James the Olympic 400m champion said it was a privilege to be on the same track as Pistorius I reckoned that was the end of the discussion.

Its a sad business whatever the details.

14/02/2013 at 12:04

Of course, this forum isn't a final court of arbitration!

Your last point is of course correct.

14/02/2013 at 12:20

Amazing story indeed.  But these unbelievable stories do pop up from time to time.

Police say there have been reports of 'domestic' incidents before from that address...  and such a quick charge of murder is never a good sign.

14/02/2013 at 12:34

Of course, even in South Africa someone is not guilty until proved otherwise.

14/02/2013 at 13:09
Roses are red
Violets are glorious
Don't try to surprise
Oscar Pistorious
WiB
14/02/2013 at 13:19

When Oscar Pistorius said he wanted to be like able bodied athletes, who would have thought that he meant OJ Simpson.

WiB
14/02/2013 at 13:33

I cried the first time I saw the Nike ad to The Killers "All these things that i've done" at the start of Madrid 10km.

WiB
14/02/2013 at 13:36

Now removed from his site :

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/511696/gallery/bddgpuqciaa37to_2480846c.jpg?width=350

WiB
1 to 20 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.