Dog attack - getting my confidence back

Nasty owner too

81 to 92 of 92 messages
12/12/2013 at 21:58
What a load of tosh. I will never keep my dog on a lead just because some nutter might have a phobia. On the other hand I always put her on the lead when there are small kids or old folk about incase she bumps into them accidentally. I'm not doubting that you can quote fragments of the law but your interpretations are that of a grade 1 Cynophobic. I say that because your interpretations are not reasonable. If the law was meant to be as you imply then dogs would simply be slaughtered at the whim of every nutter that spotted one.
The hilarious thing is People are the most dangerous thing in the world so I would be much more worried about them if I were you.
12/12/2013 at 22:04

Trotski comes across like some telesales PPI salesperson. Winding up people to think they can claim against a barking dog. I would hang up on him.

12/12/2013 at 22:05

Flob,

You're spot on, it's patently ridiculous. Exactly the same as saying that if you feel threatened by the very sight of a youth in a hoodie then the youth should immediately be imprisoned.

12/12/2013 at 22:16
Salutations Grinch, Corius
12/12/2013 at 23:02

just because you think you know the law doesn't mean that you do.

i can do far better than quote fragments of the law but i can't be arsed and frankly, i'm bored of giving it all away for free. you can pay next time you need legal advice.

as above - just because the law doesn't meet your idea of common sense doesn't mean you're right.

12/12/2013 at 23:06

Sorry I don't even have PPI. Please don't call again

13/12/2013 at 06:53
TrottingAlong wrote (see)

- just because the law doesn't meet your idea of common sense doesn't mean you're right.

Bearing in mind that we have to legislate for the actions of idiots, its odds on that if you ignore a law because it doesn't fit your own view of the world, then you're probably wrong.

Unfortunately, an entire generation has grown up in positions of authority who also have no respect for the rule of law. This stems from the time when as students they were arrested and charged for drug use during protests. 

Edited: 13/12/2013 at 06:54
15/12/2013 at 02:33
You make my point perfectly RicF. Sadly though, you are right about the drugs thing. A load of the Tories had been outed as druggies yet they have all had a say on drugs law and chose not to legalise drugs use. It is a skewed world.
Edited: 15/12/2013 at 02:36
15/12/2013 at 20:45

Getting back to dogs - I had an incident with a dog (ugly Staffy type thing) last year. When the idiot owner - almost as ugly and as stupid as the dog, failed to call it off as it launched towards me, I shouted "call it off" - which he didn't. I asked him to control his mutt and I just got a torrent of abuse which I retorted to in a more articulate manner. I think bad dog owners get abusive as they are feel some sort of guilt and "transfer" this to the other party in much the same way that people in road rage incidents blame the other and swear at them when they are the guilty party.

16/12/2013 at 11:58
Bang on Tony. It is all about the owners. They are more dangerous than the mutts.
Dang
18/12/2013 at 14:00

I have both sides as a runner and dog owner, never really had a problem with dogs while out running though and it doesnt bother me if they run up to me. If they were aggressive or bit me then I would restrain the dog and probably the owner too.

I own a lunatic of a parsons jack russell she is long legged and runs like a whippet, sometimes when she runs up to people in the park she can be a bit scary as she comes up really fast. We generally control here when small kids are about as she could jump up and scratch them or something.  It's just about common sense and not letting your dog pester people.

Does she run up to people? yeah sometimes, but she is being friendly and she also comes back when called.

I did once have an incident where a women was walking her little terrier thing on the pavement and I was coming up to her from behind. I managed to swerve the dog but it ran right out in front of me with her lead taking up the whole pavement.

The owner yanked the dog back to her as I came past and it yelped. She then accused me of kicking her dog as I ran by, I didn't touch the dog and had to almost jump over it at one point.

Anyway don't be afraid of the dog be afraid of the owner, any dog no matter how big or small should be controlled around the public. Sometimes you can't always control your dog in terms of it running up to people but recognise when they arent happy about it and call it back.

18/12/2013 at 17:07
Yea!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 92 of 92 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.