Dog Fouling - Done to Death, I know . . .

21 to 40 of 106 messages
22/11/2012 at 16:35
marshallini wrote (see)

All dog owners are selfish pricks and all dogs should be killed!

Hear hear! Though your attitude is a bit wussy, i'd have the owners butchered too.

cougie    pirate
22/11/2012 at 16:40
Stevie G . wrote (see)

agree with that Matt. I dislike dogs, and dislike dog owners, but in some muddy woods, often off the main trail's who on earth gives a s...

cougie wrote (see)

I did see a woman bagging up her dogs poo and leaving it by a bench as I was running. 

I challenged her - and she turned out to be deaf - so that was a bit awkward. 

She did tell me that she did that all of the time and she picks it up on the way back from her walk.  Still seems irresponsible to me - even if she was telling the truth.

As for this, this is intriguing. Seems a reasonable thing for her to do, not wanting to carry a bag of poo with her. I doubt anyone else is going to either steal it, or be at risk for it in the meantime.

Of more interest, how is it you had this conversation when she's deaf? Do you know the sign language for "please take your poo bag with you", or did you engage in some kind of mime artistry?

I think it was a bit of mime/lipreading - whether she'd remember or bother to collect the poo is another thing. You do see people bagging the poo and then throwing them on bushes - like a pooey xmas tree. 

22/11/2012 at 16:53

What about runners - I carry bags for mine, if I do it on the beach close to where I live I collect it up and bin it - if I do it in the bushes I tend not to - is that wrong - especially as it is dark at 53:45 am so can't always see where I leave it!!!

22/11/2012 at 17:00

Dogs and their owners eh!

I have a quiet laugh when I see owners letting their child substitutes lick them on the lips.

It makes me think of the time; 40 years ago, when a dog following me and a friend gulped down; with obvious relish, an enormous turd my mate dropped in the bushes.

It was a frosty morning and can still see the steam wafting around the dogs nose as he weighed it up.

That'll put hairs on your chest.

Enjoy!

22/11/2012 at 17:01

Er.. guys .. this dog was taking a shit on the path itself!!  The footpath divides two field without fences or hedges.

22/11/2012 at 17:02

Grendel, if you're doing something that CAN be bagged up, you're clearly eating at the wrong time. That's easily changed.

How would you go about bagging up our average dairy based unsettled stomach output?

Coughie, i can't imagine anyone would be stupid enough to go to the trouble.skankiness of bagging poop up, but then just throwing it back where it was. Just leave it!

22/11/2012 at 17:02
Grendel3 wrote (see)

What about runners - I carry bags for mine, if I do it on the beach close to where I live I collect it up and bin it - if I do it in the bushes I tend not to - is that wrong - especially as it is dark at 53:45 am so can't always see where I leave it!!!

Your comment about crapping in the dark leaves me with an intriguing question - can you wipe your arse properly in the dark??  Or do you always miss a bit??  

22/11/2012 at 17:04
RicF wrote (see)

It makes me think of the time; 40 years ago, when a dog following me and a friend gulped down; with obvious relish, an enormous turd my mate dropped in the bushes.

I should have known you'd be on this thread with a nasty anecdote!

Made me laugh though!

22/11/2012 at 17:08
fat buddha wrote (see)
Grendel3 wrote (see)

Your comment about crapping in the dark leaves me with an intriguing question - can you wipe your arse properly in the dark??  Or do you always miss a bit??  

Your query about Grendel's comment about crapping in the dark leaves me with an intriguing question - can you see your own arse when it's light out, or do you use mirrors when you have a poo??

22/11/2012 at 17:58
fat buddha wrote (see)

I want to know who the self centred bastards are who hang their dog shit bags on trees and fences.   they need slapping.  

Around where I live the young people of the area take the bags of shit out of the bins and throw them at each other!

22/11/2012 at 18:06
marshallini wrote (see)

All dog owners are selfish pricks and all dogs should be killed!

Do explain how I, a dog owner who picks up bags of dog shit after him when my dogs do it on the pavement so knobheads like you dont tread in it, am a selfish prick ?

22/11/2012 at 18:08
fat buddha wrote (see)

carter - I think my last 3 words sum up my thoughts on shitting cats.....

I was hoping you would provide a more detailed explanation in the same way as you did for dogs

22/11/2012 at 18:16

Phil - one doesn't wipe whilst out on a run, you have to think of it as nutty bodyglide.

The bottom line as far as I'm concerned is this.  Dogs are not wild animals they are pets and their owners are responsible for them.  You and I can't shit where ever we want so I don't see that it's ok for dog owners to allow their dogs to do so.  It took a long time for smoking in public buidings to be outlawed and one of the arguments against it from smokers was the nanny state etc.  Look at it this way.  There are no benifits to dog shit in the enviroment.

22/11/2012 at 18:17
PhilPub wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)
Grendel3 wrote (see)

Your query about Grendel's comment about crapping in the dark leaves me with an intriguing question - can you see your own arse when it's light out, or do you use mirrors when you have a poo??

This reminds me about a question people ask about poops on runs. What do you wipe your ass with.

Well, you don't plan to have a horrible mid run splurge, so it's probably the least of your problems....people who take toilet paper are almost wishing it on themselves, and then where do thet ditch the soiled paper?

Not to hijack this thread from whether ipods in races are a hazard, or whatever this started off as.

22/11/2012 at 18:36

When I'm out on a long run and think I may need it, I carry some paper. When I've done my jobby, I ditch the paper on top of the, erm, product to act as a kind of warning flag. Although I always try to find somewhere off the path, of course, and I run in the countryside.

I carry clingfilm for when it happens in a race. We're always told not to litter so I wrap it up and hand it to the next marshal I see. They're always appreciative.

22/11/2012 at 18:40

Another anecdote for runners with the runs.

I used to......no, enough!

22/11/2012 at 18:40

some times shit (dog) happens.

22/11/2012 at 18:45

Once saw a women wiping the bottom of a very hairy dog using a piece of newspaper.

As I passed in the van, I could see from her reaction that she had accidentally put her fingers through the paper.

Nearly had my own accident.

22/11/2012 at 20:13

@stevieg - on the beach it is easy I must have removed tons of sand over the past couple of years since I started running - i the bushes when I can see it it is not easy - but on a serious note re your comment, have bee to the docs and was told it happens (I know it happens but why) could it be dairy intolerance?

22/11/2012 at 20:37

Grendel, i used to glug skimmed milk down, and even 3hours on found it caused problemos...

skimmed milk cut out = no problems at all since.

now if only i'd worked that out a year or so earlier!!

21 to 40 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.