Dog Fouling - Done to Death, I know . . .

81 to 100 of 106 messages
25/11/2012 at 08:48
YoungPup wrote (see)
I'd make a top dog......

Just imagine a world where it's perfectly normal behaviour for you to: 

4) to be able to command other creatures to tickle your tummy, or throw you a ball, just by looking at them with your head to one side

Er no. Dogs can't do that to me. Might have somethong to with the fact that they kill 8 week old babies, disgusting creatures.

How can anyone justisfy dogs when they kill babies? Just a thought...

25/11/2012 at 13:55
lardarse wrote (see)

Er no. Dogs can't do that to me. Might have somethong to with the fact that they kill 8 week old babies, disgusting creatures.

How can anyone justisfy dogs when they kill babies? Just a thought...

Oh go on then ... work is boring me sensless this afternoon so I'll bite .....

I would hazard a guess (and am pretty sure I'd be right) that a damn sight more human beings have killed 8 week old babies than dogs have !!

How can you possibly justify human beings !

25/11/2012 at 15:19
Interesting - in the world according to Lardarse, the test for what is justifiable is whether that thing has ever killed an 8 week baby.

So - let's get rid off all cars, as I'm fairly sure there are regular accidents involving cars which kill babies. Same with planes, trains, boats, motorbikes....

Also, human beings clearly need to be exterminated, as Bruce says, because they've killed lots more babies than dogs have.

We can probably also destroy water, as I'm sure I've read of babies dying from drinking the wrong sort of water, and it's probably safest to destroy all water just in case....

So, what's left?

Just a thought?
25/11/2012 at 15:40
Stevie G . wrote (see)

So you use your dogs as a substitute for children?

Right....

backs away slowly...

LMAO! As I said, I didn't/don't want children. Meaning I have no reason to substitute dogs for the children I didn't want in the first place.

Bruce C wrote (see)
...jealousy is a horrible thing isn't it ... holding such extreme hatred for something just because its a better runner than you .. tsk ... poor show chaps poor show ! 

This thread is getting rather hilarious

25/11/2012 at 16:33

I prefer the company of my dogs to that of most people. They're loyal and never grumpy.

I pick up after my dogs if they poop on bridlepaths, tracks, they are trained not to 'go' on tarmac or pavements. If they poo in a field or wood (off main track) I leave it to biodegrade...Which it does in a few days because they are fed a raw diet, not poor quality kibble / processed dog food which takes weeks to decompse.

You can use any council bin for dog waste, the requirement is it's double bagged, so no excuses of 'no-where to put it'. 

25/11/2012 at 20:49

this could be the answer,makes both sides happy,no shit to pick up or stand in.

25/11/2012 at 20:50

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/734702/gallery/imagescahzxqmx.jpg?width=350

25/11/2012 at 22:00

I came home a few weeks ago and found a massive dog turd on my front door mat (outside my front door). I had left the gate open a bit. There's a dog down our road who is always wondering around in the street - I've nearly run it ver so many times when parking. I'm guessing that dog wandered into our front garden and left a present. I was so pissed off and very glad I got to the door before my 6 year old son that day. He doesn't really look so would have landed straight in it.

27/11/2012 at 07:41

lardarse - How can you justify the human race when they kill each other? Your comment is complete dog shit!

27/11/2012 at 11:19

The Agent to Neo in the film 'The Matrix'

"You humans are, like a virus!". 

Only have to watch one of those 'Life without people' programs. 

Has a point.

I imagine the Agent would say to the dog, " You dogs are, shit machines!".

27/11/2012 at 17:59
Otter wrote (see)

I came home a few weeks ago and found a massive dog turd on my front door mat (outside my front door). I had left the gate open a bit. There's a dog down our road who is always wondering around in the street - I've nearly run it ver so many times when parking. I'm guessing that dog wandered into our front garden and left a present. I was so pissed off and very glad I got to the door before my 6 year old son that day. He doesn't really look so would have landed straight in it.

sorry, had to laugh at this!!

Not had that, but did run down the woods and home once, only to be followed by a couple of HUGE dogs, who invited themselves into my garden, steamed around, smashed some stuff, and then ran off.

Owners? They'd have been miles behind obviously....probably the knd of owners like on this thread who claim their dogs are no harm

The cheek!

28/11/2012 at 14:47
Stevie G . wrote (see)
Not had that, but did run down the woods and home once, only to be followed by a couple of HUGE dogs,

Perhaps if you washed more ..........

28/11/2012 at 14:54
Stevie G . wrote (see)
Owners? They'd have been miles behind obviously....probably the knd of owners like on this thread who claim their dogs are no harm

The cheek!

Not that you're generalising as usual.... 

28/11/2012 at 16:21

I rather think that the folk who make disparaging (and downright rude) remarks about dogs and dog owners do so in order to get the totally predictable response from the dog lovers.

Is this a modern form of Pavlov's experiments?

28/11/2012 at 17:08

Some people like living with animals. I don't.

There's a level of associated filth with animals which I choose not to have in my living space.

If you long for a home where the Buffalo roam you'll wake up in a house full of cow shit.

28/11/2012 at 17:29
I'm the exact opposite. I dislike overly clean environments. I think a small amount of 'associated filth' is necessary for good health. There are many conditions and illnesses that doctors now think are caused by over-cleanliness. Most people seem to have a horror of any bacteria or natural dirt. I have a horror of pocket packs of antibacterial hand gel!

I remember watching a programme about auto immune diseases a while ago. The researchers trying to come up with new ways of treating them had a theory that when your immune system has nothing to do - i.e. in a super clean environment with no bugs to fight off - it's more likely to go wonky and turn on you. They were treating people by exposing them to high levels of bacteria or parasites, with a fair degree of success.
28/11/2012 at 18:12

but RicF, how do you deal with things like ... going outside ? ... all those germs and everything just floating there in the air .... waiting for you to inhale them and pollute your lungs with their filth .... eeuuughghhh !!!

28/11/2012 at 18:17

Spent a large part of my childhood on a farm, cow shit, horse shit, chicken shit.

Spent 20 years fishing, there's filth for you.

Work out doors in gardens and train off road in muck and dirt.

Apparently my anti tetanus levels render further jabs superfluous.

I've had enough of shit and filth outdoors. I'm not inviting some shit machine to share my living space. I don't need their anti-bodies or smell

They can stay outside.

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 18:32
28/11/2012 at 18:47

I take it you're single then !!

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 18:47
29/11/2012 at 04:58

Bruce C.

Wrong again, ha! Married to a lovely lady for best part of 20 years. So officially I'm a dirty old man.

She also believes animals have their place. On TV mainly.

81 to 100 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.