Double pram to run with? Advice please??

Hello is there any parents out there who run with a double pram? If so what pram do you run with? I'm pregnant at the mo but am shopping for a pram that I can hopefully run with! Thank you!

1 to 20 of 50 messages
30/06/2013 at 09:39

Any recommendations please? I'm struggling to find one!

cougie    pirate
30/06/2013 at 10:26
Don't forget that you shouldn't run until you've had the ok and babies have to be old enough to cope with it. I think that's six months or so ?
No idea on a double buggy - sorry !
30/06/2013 at 10:34

we had a 'city stroller' easy to push and fold up, to be honest i just did smaller runs like parkrun or anything up to five miles. Don't forget to get a wrist strap to connect to pram that's my biggest tip, good luck.

01/07/2013 at 09:24

crazy idea anyway, cannot be comfortable for a child

01/07/2013 at 10:28

crazy idea?? Its very common. I've done my research and life does not stop when you have children. So I wouldn't rub the pregnant lady up the wrong way!!! America has many running prams. Some Olympians use them too!!

01/07/2013 at 10:47

Leave the kids at home when you run.  "Common" != "Good".  Perhaps Mumsnet is the place for you.

01/07/2013 at 10:57

home alone?? Good idea!!  

01/07/2013 at 10:59

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/ironman

01/07/2013 at 11:01

http://m.runnersworld.com/other-gear/running-stroller-reviews

01/07/2013 at 11:01

You didn't clarify that there'd be no one at home to look after them, so based on the information you gave the advice is sound.

01/07/2013 at 11:10

it sounded straight to the point and simple to me! Any way must dash Jeremy Kyle is on! You can be 'clever' and helpful with someone else! I don't know why you even hijacked my post!

01/07/2013 at 12:24

I think you have to seriously look at how "enjoyable" it would be for a toddler to be hurtling along bumped form pillar to post, answer - not very. I don't doubt the enjoyment of the mother but it should be about the kids

01/07/2013 at 12:27

Wind your neck in dear.

Kids have this mechanism called 'crying' that they use to great affect when unhappy.

What harm do you suppose its doing a child?

Edited: 01/07/2013 at 12:29
01/07/2013 at 12:44
Just out of interest, do the children sit side by side in a double buggy or one in front of the other?
01/07/2013 at 13:18

seems selfish to me

cougie    pirate
01/07/2013 at 13:41
Infants usually love going out for walks and enjoy going fast (in my experience anyway). We didnt have a jogger but I'm sure cougie jr would have enjoyed it.

Now where was that thread about the woman who wanted to do marathons with her baby ?
01/07/2013 at 13:56

Lucy - I took both my children out running in a buggy buggy - admittedly I didn't have two to take at the same time like you will have, but it is certainly done by many.  It is a luxury to be able to leave them behind and run on your own, but sometimes, as we know, it just doesn't work like that!

With my first child I had a mountain buggy - fab off-roader but quite cumbersome. Second time around I managed to get a baby-jogger off Ebay and it was a revelation!  So lightweight and easy to manoeuvre.

Other running mums I know have used *Chariot* (which is also part bike trailer) and *out and about*.  Important factor isheight of handle, running with a buggy DOES affect your gait so you need to have good posture, and yes, a wrist strap is essential.

If you do have a run buggy, you'll probably want something more compact for travel/shopping etc - most run buggies are quite long and don't always fit into a standard boot.

My first child used to sleep whenever we went out (bonus points), my daughter wasn't quite so accommodating (second child!) but still enjoyed shorter runs.

01/07/2013 at 13:56

am confused as to why wanting to go for a run is selfish?

01/07/2013 at 14:38

I wouldnt worry about it - just another person with more opinions than sense.

01/07/2013 at 16:14

At last some sensible answers!! Thank you so much! Much appreciated!! My husband works abroad and I don't have the luxury of child care/help! I have conclusions about the sex of the stupid replies! Living in their dream worlds!! 

1 to 20 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.