Early morning runs - selfish?

Is it selfish to run early if I know it will wake my partner up?

41 to 44 of 44 messages
03/04/2013 at 20:19
Turns out he wasn't as bothered as I'd expected. Mobile phone alarm under the pillow worked really well though still woke him a bit. Enjoyed a lovely short run and felt smug all day.

Christ it's cold at 6am though!

Same thing tomorrow.
03/04/2013 at 20:23

well done, once you are used to it, you will wake up without the alarm anyway

in the summer it is so much cooler at 6 in the morning

03/04/2013 at 21:01

I find it quite magical early in the morning, especially in the summer and early autumn. The sunrise and the mist settling in the fields

05/04/2013 at 22:54

Glad it all worked out ok for you N Humphry. I'm fortunate in that I can do most of my running during my lunch break, I have an unofficial agreement with my boss that if I'm longer than 1 hour then I'll make the time up at the end of the day. I never fail to do so. On a Friday we finish 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the week so I have a 2 hour lunch and end up staying until roughly the same time as on the other days of the week. 

I am always out of the house before 7.30 on a Sunday for my long run, both my wife and I are up at 5.45 each morning to get ready for work, so she appreciates a nice lie in on a Sunday morning. She's normally only just got out of the shower when I get back so I jump in and we have breakfast afterwards. Going out early also gives us the rest of the day to do other things.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.