Edinburgh Marathon

A question about MP3 Players

101 to 107 of 107 messages
18/05/2011 at 14:31
Sorry to have stirred this subject up. I got the answer to my questoins a while ago and, despite some strong opinions to the contrary, I plan to run with my phones. Playing runkeeper audio cues and music quietly in the background. I'll try not to get in anyone's way
18/05/2011 at 14:34
paul higgins 6 aka PEA wrote (see)

if it purely a health and safety issue like some people are stating, then does that also exclude runners who are deaf?

no.

19/05/2011 at 23:06

I'd like to see anyone trying to stop me wearing headphones at any race!!   If anyone tried to remove me from a race they'd have to catch me first!!

When you pay to enter a race you also tick the box to declare you're responsible for your own actions etc..   so I don't see what the issue is.

I can run with or without music, however, Edinburgh in particular is a pretty boring route at times so music really helps keep pace.

cougie    pirate
19/05/2011 at 23:44
You also agree to play by their rules. And they say no headphones. Why not run in heelies and be done with it ?
20/05/2011 at 15:25

Cougie I'd be glad to run in 'heelies', I do it everyday!

Anyways, live and let live, run and let run I say

20/05/2011 at 16:20
I agree Cougie!!
02/05/2013 at 16:44

Gordon Robb how was your marathon?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 107 of 107 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.