England Athletics Affiliation Fee Increases

41 to 47 of 47 messages
18/12/2012 at 13:26

To be EA affiliated, do you have to be a member of a running club? I'm currently a member of a triathlon club and I'm not sure if we are EA affiliated, I will need to check, but we are England Tri affiliated, which I know is different.

Can individuals not associated with a running club become EA affiliated?

18/12/2012 at 13:40

I believe that individuals must be member of an EA affiliated club; however, there are some online clubs which you can join so you can get affiliated,. e.g Fetch Everyone

18/12/2012 at 13:53

Thanks Piers.

18/12/2012 at 14:01

Yes, you do have to be  a member of an affiliated club in order to be a competing member (and get the race entry reduction).

Some online clubs are more expensive to join than 'real' clubs, so do check out local club fees too.

They won't mind if you pay your fees but don't turn up often (or at all).  

18/12/2012 at 16:49

Thanks Wilkie. I was wondering that, as the main reason of joining would be to become affiliated as I get my training from my Tri club. I'll check out my local clubs and find out how much their memberships are.

21/12/2012 at 15:22
22/12/2012 at 12:05

Well they aren't really, it's going up to £10 for all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.