Entering "fun" runs

Another ethical question

21 to 24 of 24 messages
27/09/2002 at 12:46
The bbc are always telling us about the fun runners in the London Marathon so surely that's a fun run too? And they let fast people in.....
27/09/2002 at 13:44
Your fun run certainly sounds competitive, so go for it!
Interesting point in general though. A lot of the races I’ve been to (tend to be 10ks) have fun runs which are run almost exclusively by kids and was imagining the silence and stony glares I’d get at the finish line from the parents of all the twelve year old competitors I’d beaten. I think it depends very much on the nature on the particular fun run in question.
27/09/2002 at 13:56
...........and very much on how many of the kids you have to push over to get to the finish, Santa
27/09/2002 at 14:24
.. the ones I've seen I couldn't catch the little treasures let alone push them over

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.