Faceplanted the pavement this evening

Fellow runner just ran on by!

21 to 31 of 31 messages
01/05/2014 at 13:49

Not my accident, but I had to stop the other day because an elderly guy tripped over while staring at my arse when I ran past.  He found it quite amusing and was fine, happily.

01/05/2014 at 14:15
Madbee wrote (see)

Not my accident, but I had to stop the other day because an elderly guy tripped over while staring at my arse when I ran past.  He found it quite amusing and was fine, happily.

I think photographic evidence is required.

01/05/2014 at 14:21

Thanks for all the responses. Knee is still stiff and swollen toady, but less painful that last night. Then I have a grazed right hand and chin. Jaw a bit sore too - think it got pushed up into the socket. Not sure what my left hand was doing - it has escaped completely unscathed. It should have been helping keep my face off the floor!

XXI yes, I was wearing as ipod (as was non stopper running man!)

01/05/2014 at 15:02

I had a face plant in Iceland when I was out on my own on a long run. A kindly Icelander stopped his car to help. I didn't understand a word, but I think he was saying it might be best to get in his car so he could get me to a doctor. I couldn't bring myself to get in due to my blood staining potential, plus I reasoned that I was shy of a mile to make it a 20 mile LR. I think I may have been concussed as I have a vague memory of a guy 'kerb crawling' as I made my way back slowly.

Once back I was taken to a man who looked like a fisherman baiting a hook. He stitched me up good and proper. They were all very kind considering I was doing an Englishman out in the midday sun activity

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 15:04
06/05/2014 at 22:16

Running karma says you should stop, doesn't it?

A street near our house has been renamed Face Plant Alley as it's claimed my other half twice.  The first time I was with her to get her home and try to clean up the gravel rash.  The second time I was away for work - a passing driving instructor interrupted a lesson and got his pupil to give her a lift home

07/05/2014 at 16:36

I saw a brilliant faceplant the other day on Regents canal. Two really slow large guys running together side by side with a classic lazy glute shuffling gait.

As they are about to traverse an anti cycle speed bump, they seem to converge and one guy manages to shoulder barge the other just as they try to step over. As a result the larger one trips, and ends up sprinting about three yards before slamming his face and shoulder into the towpath with an eyewatering thud.

There were plenty of skinny jeans clad hipster drinkers on hand to stand around and take iphone photos and they helped him eventually. 

08/05/2014 at 13:10

Sometimes I'll do a little barefoot at the end of my run (just to keep form in check).

I've had a car pull over and a concerned  young girl ask if I was OK, which was nice of her, but had to explain I hadn't recently escaped! Not running, but I did break my ACL playing football years ago... they carried me off the pitch and I had to wait till the game finished for someone to take me to A&E... cheers lads!

08/05/2014 at 23:30

Had a face plant with the pavement myself a week or so ago , face was a mess and knees too , was used as a hurdle by a runner who obviously has never suffered such a fate, oh the elegance as he glided effortlessly over!!!!! , luckily a couple of pedestrians had the decency to see if all was well , what goes around. Been trampled in a race too which is enough to put anyone off , did i hear the beep of a garmin then ??

11/05/2014 at 23:34

I can recommend falling over as a training technique - half marathon pb today!

13/05/2014 at 15:05

I haven't faceplanted in a long time. But a while back I was passed by an enthusiastic white van man who shouted 'SLAG' at me.

Another runner who happened to be on the other side of the road at the time shouted 'PONCE' at the back of the vehicle driving away and saluted me which made me giggle no end.

Thank you random man, I hope you are a RW forum reader.

13/05/2014 at 15:20

You could be on to something there Catalin...

Mrs Chri5B fell over running a week before the Liverpool Spring 10k.  She clocked a PB and finally cracked the hour

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.