Fell while runnig

21 to 27 of 27 messages
26/08/2010 at 21:54

Well that's caused a bit of stir hasn't it?

I do wear glasses and the prescription is up to date before anyone asks!

I don't run with a phone or MP3 thingy

Yes it's only a bruise and only some gravel rash (and I will enjoy picking at it before it falls off)

The reason I didn't see the bloody great hole was because the sun was low in the sky and momentarily blinded me

No I don't want to sue anyone.

All I want is someone to fill the bl**dy holes in, so some poor old dear doesn’t do themselves real damage. 

Fortunately I never run into a tree though!

Edited: 26/08/2010 at 21:55
26/08/2010 at 22:02
i ran into a tree once, during "the great gorilla run".  the gorilla mask obstructed my vision.  i took it further, by getting a flight to the Congo, going up the nearest mountain, and shooting one of those banana munching bastards straight in the face with a 12 bore.  no wonder they're fckn endangered.
26/08/2010 at 22:03
@candy ollier - you are a very, very bad person.
26/08/2010 at 23:23

I'll  be fell running next week in Keswick.

27/08/2010 at 11:29
Well I think Rob Wharton sounds like a jolly nice chap and you're all horrid to make assumptions. Ner ner.
27/08/2010 at 11:37
Rob Wharton wrote (see)

Any ideas how i can take this further, the road is cul-de-sac but has a path through to another road and is heavily used.

To be fair, that does point towards wanting to get a hazard sorted to avoid any further mishaps.

Kid in my old cycling club had a very nasty accident after riding over a massive pothole many years ago and spent a fair amount of time talking to the council about it.  Don't know if he got any compensation from it but assuming the appropriate authorities were informed and did something about it, it was obviously worth following through.

Edited: 27/08/2010 at 11:37
27/08/2010 at 11:39
I know that there's a cycling website where riders can report potholes and then they lead on the process of getting them fixed. It's mainly to get councils off their arses but if you google it it may be able to offer some advice on fixing problems on private roads.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.