Female runners -advice needed!

Warning to the men: it's about the time of the month!

41 to 46 of 46 messages
08/04/2008 at 17:04

LB

I am surprised you havent gone down the hystererctomy route yet

y=

LIVERBIRD    pirate
08/04/2008 at 17:47

I'm not particularly "keen" on the knife, PH! My support network is not great and I can't really even afford the convalescence, time wise! I know that sounds awful, but it's true. Two kids and a OH who runs a business - if he doesn't work we don't get paid and grandparents not an option.

Plus, I have running to do!

08/04/2008 at 17:50

Yeah, i know liverbird, but how much time are you losing with being ill form the periods/infections

i hope you get it sorted

also

have they suggested taking away some of the womb lining-thst day surgery, and may help

LIVERBIRD    pirate
08/04/2008 at 18:12

Yeah, I've had that done twice. It does help, for a bit and then a few months later, back to square one!

I'm kind of hoping for early hot flushes and a large dose of HRT but my mum was 55 before she got there, so I've just got the 20 years to wait!

At the moment everything is "ok". It could be worse - I have had more smear tests / colposcopies than most people will have in a lifetime and they've never found anything sinister - just bloody inconvenient!

08/04/2008 at 18:13

bloody hell

i wouldnt put up with that for 20 years love

09/04/2008 at 09:01
Oh LB that all sounds horrific - poor you!

I also wouldn't want to try the injection - hormones do the strangest things to me and once an injection is in, you can't take it out again! I had the mirena coil for a year - god that was awful - ruled out progesterone-based contraception! And my GP won't give me any sort of oestrogen-based pill because of the migraines I got.

So far then I have got suggestions of: Agnus castus, Evening Primrose, Magnesium and Star-something - lots to google - any other ideas?? I', 31 - there's a lot of years of this to deal with yet. Gah.
x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.