FLM article in this months RW mag

21 to 25 of 25 messages
08/06/2007 at 13:04
I think the problem is space, Beatty.

They can't include everyone, so have to make a decision.

RW is a magazine aimed at runners. As previously mentioned, other publications will carry articles about charity runners and so on.
mellifera    pirate
08/06/2007 at 15:19
Include everyone else just for once?

From my perspective Runners World caters almost entirely for the beginner and hardly at all for the serious runner.
08/06/2007 at 15:49
Absolutely. Didnt they start a subsiduary mag called 'Performance Athlete' aimed at the 'sharp end' runners? I get a great deal out of the magazine, whether it's reading how top runners train, or how to fund-raise etc. The only negative I have is the prevalence for adverts. But I guess that keeps the price relatively low.

I see the mag as an extension of the website, rather than the other way round. Would you agree?
08/06/2007 at 16:05
So we think it's an editorial thing? I rather assumed it was because the RW snappers needed to get the shoot done and everything packed up, whether for cost, practicalities or convenience.
08/06/2007 at 16:06
...it would certainly be a first for RW to actively decide to exclude the slower end of the market. Wouldn't it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.