Food Scares

It is just me, or is it hard to know how authoritative some of these things are?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
M.
30/01/2004 at 15:33
Neil - I guess I meant that Philip Morris etc knew that smoking caused cancer a bit before the rest of the population did. Don't expect they rushed to publicise it out of concern for our health though though.
M.
30/01/2004 at 18:22
Fair point...

In any event I shall from now on run any queries past V-rap.

I feel safe to use Nutrasweet again.
30/01/2004 at 18:33
I don't. But yet I still use it...

No offense to V-Rap (who I respect greatly), but doctors tend to want scientific studies before believing anything (with good reason). The trouble is that most things proven to be good/bad for you were knwon to be so by "alternative" peeps for ages beforehand.

I think that Nutrasweet (which is banned in Canada & Oz, I believe) is effectively a slow acting poison. The truth will come out eventually...
30/01/2004 at 19:48
Ok here is the basis of the argument on organic/non-organic...

Non organic food is very likely to contain residues of various chemicals used in it's production which may be varyingly bad for human consumption - I certainly don't argue with that fact.

Organic food has not been treated with these chemicals so may have itself become naturally degraded between harvest and consumption, producing it's own toxins which could again bad for human health.

I'm a strong believer that home grown organic food is the best you can get - when picked and eaten asap. But you have to remember that organic food bought from a supermarket has been stored and allowed to degrade before you consume it.
30/01/2004 at 22:35
and organic food goes off quicker

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.