Footpath Experience

21 to 30 of 30 messages
11/02/2013 at 19:37

How about 'Excuse me please.' It works well for me. Same as on the pushy, or I call hello or good morning. It seems to make people jump less than a bell.

11/02/2013 at 19:41
BIKILA wrote (see)

I have noticed quite a few newbies whilst out training recently.                     

Any warning device would have to be very loud because most of them are wearing..........dare I say it......HEADPHONES. 

I guess you're right although when you listen to a music one wierd sound gets your attention which doesn't belong there and you starting to look around

11/02/2013 at 19:46
Ian M wrote (see)

Will it have a hologram on it?

Not interested if it hasn't got a hologram on it.

mrs. hog - mousey wrote (see)

How about 'Excuse me please.' It works well for me. Same as on the pushy, or I call hello or good morning. It seems to make people jump less than a bell.

but that's the thing when you let people know earlier that you are coming their way it won't make them jump and also you won't have to shout

11/02/2013 at 20:32
A good hard shove into the road works well.
XX1
11/02/2013 at 21:25
As a pedestrian on a footpath I can just as easily ignore shouting, bells, horns, etc. Why is it the pedestrian's responsibility to get out of the way?
XX1
11/02/2013 at 21:41

Because the pedestrian is always in the way

11/02/2013 at 21:50
Could it be a device that says 'please would you move out f the way, runner coming through!' in a StephenHhawking type voice? I'd pay for that.

I usually shout 'coming through on your right' - problem is that I'm very bad t telling left from right...
11/02/2013 at 22:43

If you use a voice you can tell them which side you are going to come past on. If it's just a noise, they don't know and could very well move into your way.

The survey is rather limited - only up to more than 3 times a week exercise - many on here do far more than that. Sometimes I run outside, and sometimes I go to a gym but could only pick one. Sometimes I run on a footpath,sometimes I run in a park, sometimes I run on a footpath in a park, but mostly I just run on the road and there was no option for that.

12/02/2013 at 01:39

I've found if you call out anything to pedestrians they just dither and end up getting more in your way.

Why say anything?  Just run round them.

Or best of all run somewhere where you don't get any pedestrians.

12/02/2013 at 06:07
Snap! wrote (see)
I usually shout 'coming through on your right' - problem is that I'm very bad t telling left from right...

That's usually when I huff loudly and pretend that I had to change direction

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.