Footpath Experience

1 to 20 of 30 messages
11/02/2013 at 17:24

Hey guys I have a favour to ask. I am doing a marketing research about exercising and would like to ask you guys if you could spare a sec and complete the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/97VYY2G

There is just 9 questions and most of them are 'yes/no' so it won't take too much of your time. 

Thx very much guys I appreciate that.

11/02/2013 at 17:26

What benefit are you bringing to the forum?

11/02/2013 at 17:29

the entertainment value of pulling the survey apart afterwards?

11/02/2013 at 17:35
I wouldn't say that. The thing is that I have an idea of a product which might enhance your running/jogging experience but first I would like to do the survey before I will start anything.
You know guys if I have a product for runners I won't go to swimmers, right.
11/02/2013 at 17:48

Is it an alarm thingy that you wear onj your wrist, like a watch, that you can use to let people know you're coming?  A bit like using your voice but more intrusive and less polite.

11/02/2013 at 17:53
I wouldn't say that it is intrusive and less polite, it gives you an opportunity to let people know that you are coming rather then shouting at them from a distance.
11/02/2013 at 17:54

People will buy it.  People buy all sorts of crap for their sport, especially newbies.

11/02/2013 at 17:58

So it's something like a horn worn on your wrist???  Think a polite shout would be just as good............cheaper too!

11/02/2013 at 17:59

I dunno, though, when riding my bike on shared bike/footpaths/bridleways I find some walkers want you to ring your bell, other people get massively offended by the bell because they take it as a 'get out of my way' signal rather than a polite 'here I am' signal.

11/02/2013 at 17:59
Thx for your opinion Intermanaut appriciate it but unfortunately I can't rely just on one opinion.
11/02/2013 at 18:03
Greg Schultz wrote (see)
I wouldn't say that it is intrusive and less polite, it gives you an opportunity to let people know that you are coming rather then shouting at them from a distance.

what do you think is wrong with shouting at them?? has worked for me for years and costs me nothing

11/02/2013 at 18:09

I guess you can't say how other people will react but still I think that shouting is less polite.

11/02/2013 at 18:10

I think shouting is more polite because you can say 'please'. However, I have done the survey.

11/02/2013 at 18:12
literatin wrote (see)

I dunno, though, when riding my bike on shared bike/footpaths/bridleways I find some walkers want you to ring your bell, other people get massively offended by the bell because they take it as a 'get out of my way' signal rather than a polite 'here I am' signal.

you know it it is about safety really. No suprieses, no injuries on both sides.

11/02/2013 at 18:13
literatin wrote (see)

I think shouting is more polite because you can say 'please'. However, I have done the survey.

thx

11/02/2013 at 18:44

Luckily thanks to a misspent youth boxing and playing rubgy I snuffle like a pig when I run and the noise emanating from me sends people jumping into hedgerows in fear. I therefore doubt I would require any device.

Also as I am always telling Mrs Oirish any gadget that replaces a human is only a bad thing no matter how more effective it is but enough of our problems.

I am willing to volunteer to be recorded for your product for a small fee, 100% effectiveness guaranteed

I too will do your survey though.

11/02/2013 at 18:59
I think people can hear my heavy breathing and thumping steps from miles off...
11/02/2013 at 19:11

Will it have a hologram on it?

Not interested if it hasn't got a hologram on it.

11/02/2013 at 19:12
I never know what to shout ... I'm still trying to think of something polite but effective by the time I've overtaken them

I also agonise over how and when to ring my bell on my bike - too close and it scares the life out of them, too far and they won't hear it. So I try and time it to a tentative tring ... I'm-right-behind-you-on-my-bike-and-if-you-just-move-over-a-tad-I -can-get-past-without-sounding-like-I'm-shouting-at-you-to-get-out-of-my-way ... sort of thing.

Life can be so complicated sometimes ...
11/02/2013 at 19:32

I have noticed quite a few newbies whilst out training recently.                     

Any warning device would have to be very loud because most of them are wearing..........dare I say it......HEADPHONES. 

1 to 20 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.