Forum changes: preview and your feedback wanted

Let us know what you think of our forum update

261 to 280 of 351 messages
kittenkat    pirate
11/06/2012 at 19:24
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

@KK - I agree. I spoke to someone from RW towers at the london mara expo and they were really friendly and said that the people look on the site a lot and it's cared for... but they just have a really crappy way of showing it.

@Fetch - You're risking getting me over there sooner rather than later :0)

Emmy, I've been involved with RW for years; here's a brief history... When Dan was online Editor he was involved and came and raced IM with us. Great, but even in Dan's era I promoted RW down here in the SW and we brought the banners down and got a great response. I put my 'very small expenses bill' in for the ballonns etc, all promised to be paid. Nothing!

Write that off and start again...

The next one was that I was asked to be a London pacer very late on for RW in the 2010 mara. I already had a place but said ok, I won't race my race and will help you out. I was promised by the Editors of the mag to pay my travelling expenses at least. I sent one editor a repeated scan of those, but all I got back was 'send me an invoice' 'send me an invoice'.... How the fuck can he not turn a favour from me with proof of expenses into a thank you and just covering my costs?

I never have got the money back from any of this... It's not about the money but they don't give a shit. I've stepped in as a very good pacer for RW over the years and they don't have a good female pacer, actually they don't or didn't have good pacers, it was nepatism in the pacer department.

candy I like you but how the fuck could they let you be the 7 min pacer when you can't run under that? kiss kiss.

11/06/2012 at 19:33

KK - It's examples like yours that really make me mad. You're a good honest member of the community trying to make it better and going out of your way and pocket to help them out and they can't even do the decency to pay you back the minimum costs? That's shocking. If you make a promise to someone - you keep it.

A thank you and some small token of appreciation (it doesnt have to be something expensive or elaborate) can make the world of difference but they dont' seem to understand that. I remember hearing other forumites offering their professional services to help sort out spam but were ignored...  how they can hope to improve the situation and the relationship between forumites and themselves if they keep shooting themselves in the foot at every turn.

I shall get off my soapbox and go back to work...

kittenkat    pirate
11/06/2012 at 19:42

Right I'm going to be honest in one sphere... The year I was an official pacer for RW at London, I was offered the 8 or 9mm gig. Now, I race under 7 but was still nervous about all of it because it's London and you have to pace well below your own time to look after other people. It's not about you, it's about them.

Yet someone let Candy be the 7mm pacer, when he wasn't up to it in any way shape or form.

He knows it, we know it..... How can you let someone be an official pacer to get in for their own PB, if that?

kittenkat    pirate
11/06/2012 at 19:43

Well below that really...

kittenkat    pirate
11/06/2012 at 19:46

Of course he bombed out. Who was surprised?

11/06/2012 at 19:56

Police..ambulance.. RW - seriously?

12/06/2012 at 12:29

My God, what's going on here?  I've been away from RW for a couple of months and come back to this!!  Awful new forum design, angst all over the place and more spam than ever!!!  Not sure I'll stick around........

12/06/2012 at 18:11
Getting back to the real world. I got an email today from a lady with a Chinese name about RW. Is this for real or is it more Spam?
12/06/2012 at 21:43

At the risk of sounding like an extra from Poltergeist................................."Its back".................. (Spam that is). 

M...eldy    pirate
12/06/2012 at 21:48
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Getting back to the real world. I got an email today from a lady with a Chinese name about RW. Is this for real or is it more Spam?

Yes I got one too .. I replied

12/06/2012 at 22:29
M...eldy wrote (see)
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

Yes I got one too .. I replied

Yes, that's Yeen, she's working with me at Immediate as the main contact for the RW team. She's helping RW to clear through the last few  issues from the relaunch and any new ones since then

13/06/2012 at 03:15

<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"><span style="color: #000000;">beater

13/06/2012 at 03:16

how about that one then nothing done again i see all that code and i only posted one word

and what about the spam are we ever destine to have to put up with it

Edited: 13/06/2012 at 03:30
13/06/2012 at 05:41

Ban these spammers for good or go back to old format.

13/06/2012 at 07:14

Looks like the spam's back.

I was abit sceptical about this email too - thanks to Meldy and Sussex Runner for asking this previously.

WiB
13/06/2012 at 07:33
Sort the fucking spam out!!!!!
WiB
13/06/2012 at 07:59

<a title="Another Immediate Title" href="http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/">http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/</a>

Well, looks like they got this site sorted, it was just as bad over the weekend.

(Thanks for the pointer, LN)

And the link thing still doesn't work.  As you can see from the above attempt at a link.

http://www.visordown.com/forum/new-discussions/

Edited: 13/06/2012 at 08:00
13/06/2012 at 08:47

Losing interest in a forum that seems permanently swamped by spam ...

13/06/2012 at 13:48

Hi all,

Apologies again for the spam over last weekend and this week. We're looking at ways to fix this and to prevent a repeat. We'd love to hear your feedback on this thread:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/general-running/forum-spam-apology-and-fixes/200968.html

Best,
Dominique

Edited: 13/06/2012 at 13:48
13/06/2012 at 22:36

VOTE SLOWFOOT  for MODERATOR

261 to 280 of 351 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.